What would you do... ?

Recently purchased a investment property and as one of my conditions are..

"subject to purchasers property manager having access to the property prior settlement for the purpose of inspection and or listing the property to tenancy"

The real estate agent is adamant that he is going to rent it out for me.. but I choose not to as I have seen many properties already managed by his company in terrible condition and I have my own property manager which I am comfortable with and trust... how do I best handle this situation with out getting any one angry? settlement is around 4 weeks away now.. Should I just tell my property manager to go collect the keys as its part of my contract?

Regards.

Recently purchased a investment property and as one of my conditions are..

"subject to purchasers property manager having access to the property prior settlement for the purpose of inspection and or listing the property to tenancy"

The real estate agent is adamant that he is going to rent it out for me.. but I choose not to as I have seen many properties already managed by his company in terrible condition and I have my own property manager which I am comfortable with and trust... how do I best handle this situation with out getting any one angry? settlement is around 4 weeks away now.. Should I just tell my property manager to go collect the keys as its part of my contract?

Regards.

We don't tell the selling agent before completion if we're not going to use them .

Currently buying three and going to shift all over to a non aligned pm . On settlement we'll ask the new pm to tell the old pm's . Two are currently tenanted . One is not .

Cliff

mmm ok, but I would like this property to be rented out immediately after settlement so my property manager would have to get access to the property prior settlement?? to advertise ect...

I think you might be over thinking this.

Just get the new PM to liaise and arrange for inspections. If they can't manage that then perhaps they won't be good with difficult tenants.

The selling agent is in a business. If he gets angry then that just confirms your choice not to use him. Plus anger is his problem not yours.

Thanks for your input Simon and well said... I only bring this topic up because the selling agent was a very difficult/ strong character to purchase though.. half the reason I wont lease though his company.. and keeps putting forward how his going to rent it out for me when I clearly make it visible I'm not interested..

Your property manager has every right to access the property prior to settlement as per your clause. I would supply your property manager a copy of the contract and then ask him/her to make contact to arrange access. Pretty straight forward stuff agents and property managers deal with all the time :)

Back