What would you invest with a spare $20K

HI Everyone

Just after some ideas to quickly ( lol no such thing I guess ) make some money. I have one investment property at the moment im still paying off and I currently rent. Have managed to accumulate a spare $20K. I dont really want to go buying a property as I have this theory prices are at a peak and will bottom out soon. Im more hoping to maybe double my $20K so say in 4 years time or so when hopefully prices will be below what they are now I will have a tidy deposit to buy a PPOR or buy another investment. I was thinking stock market but im not sure any other good ideas.

HI Everyone

I dont really want to go buying a property as I have this theory prices are at a peak and will bottom out soon.

Its great to have a theory but prices are at different points of the cycle all over the country. There are locations out there with low buy in prices that have certainly not peaked.

Putting it in the stock market with no knowledge of what you are doing is probably the most risky option. (well I guess there is the pokies or horses)

Its great to have a theory but prices are at different points of the cycle all over the country. There are locations out there with low buy in prices that have certainly not peaked.

Putting it in the stock market with no knowledge of what you are doing is probably the most risky option. (well I guess there is the pokies or horses)

Or bitcoins.. 100 thousand merchants now trade w the currency I heard this morn in triple j

HI Everyone

Just after some ideas to quickly ( lol no such thing I guess ) make some money. I have one investment property at the moment im still paying off and I currently rent. Have managed to accumulate a spare $20K. I dont really want to go buying a property as I have this theory prices are at a peak and will bottom out soon. Im more hoping to maybe double my $20K so say in 4 years time or so when hopefully prices will be below what they are now I will have a tidy deposit to buy a PPOR or buy another investment. I was thinking stock market but im not sure any other good ideas.

Others yet have a theory that the stock market is at a peak and may fall soon

That said the US Index is up about 60% and the Aussie up around 35% over the last two years (plus dividends).

Back