what yields r possible in sydney now?

Hi everyone, my question to everyone is, in sydney at the moment, is it possible to attain 4.5-5% yields on properties in areas with good capital growth potential 7-8%+thanks

Hi everyone, my question to everyone is, in sydney at the moment, is it possible to attain 4.5-5% yields on properties in areas with good capital growth potential 7-8%+thanks
I'm pretty keen to hear everyones input regarding this as well, as i do not have much of an opinion of my own at the moment.

Of course... 2 bed unit is still in 4.5% yield around Sydney with roughly 7-10% gain

There are 2 x main options in SYD atm.

1. Buy a 1brm studio apartment for around $550K that would rent for around $550pw - mostly closer in to the CBD.

2. Buy a house with a granny flat (or build one) so you get 2 x rental incomes - mostly in W or SW Sydney.

There are 2 x main options in SYD atm.

1. Buy a 1brm studio apartment for around $550K that would rent for around $550pw - mostly closer in to the CBD.

2. Buy a house with a granny flat (or build one) so you get 2 x rental incomes - mostly in W or SW Sydney.

The problem with Studio apartment, it doesn't have the strong capital growth.

People will only really start caring about yields when the music stops in SYD

Of course People care about yield. most of my apartment is in 4.5%-4.8% yield.

I think that's good enough :) After neg gearing and depreciation it will be either positive or neutral

I think that's good enough :) After neg gearing and depreciation it will be either positive or neutral

Just out of curiosity, what does the yield come down to if you include body corporate fees?

Just out of curiosity, what does the yield come down to if you include body corporate fees?

Don't have the figure with me.. but my body corporate is around 650 per quarter, and my management fee is 4.5%.

roughly costing me around 1k per year to hold per property, however the depreciation that i claim is around 6k per year + 1k cost = 7-8k per property, and i'm in 37% tax bracket, so it's positive for me :)

When there is a feeling of you have to get in now before it's too late many people have gone beyond the point of making rational decision making IMO
Holding costs for the next 10 years will only then become the reality.
4.5-4.8% sounds fine if there is plenty of depreciation which can be claimed.

When there is a feeling of you have to get in now before it's too late many people have gone beyond the point of making rational decision making IMO
Holding costs for the next 10 years will only then become the reality.
4.5-4.8% sounds fine if there is plenty of depreciation which can be claimed.

Yup of course, my depreciation alone is around 7-8k per property per year and my holding cost is 1000/year per property, and my rent has been going up 2.5-3% every year

We only purchased in December last year (Woollahra, 2 bed apartment) and could achieve about 4.5% yield if we rented it out normally. It's at about 7.5% with us renting it on airbnb :):)

Back