What's coming to my suburb.

Hey All,
Does anyone know of any resource available that allows you to search on what things may be coming to a specific suburb.

By the word "things" I refer to basically anything that could have an impact (positive or negative) on a suburb. Examples being public transport changes (new train line, bus route.etc), Planned commercial zone (as little as a new strip of shops), supermarket, bunnings.etc.

If not then how does one go about hunting down this information. Apart from the obvious such as council websites and trawling through forums.

Thanks in advance

Hey All,
Does anyone know of any resource available that allows you to search on what things may be coming to a specific suburb.

By the word "things" I refer to basically anything that could have an impact (positive or negative) on a suburb. Examples being public transport changes (new train line, bus route.etc), Planned commercial zone (as little as a new strip of shops), supermarket, bunnings.etc.

If not then how does one go about hunting down this information. Apart from the obvious such as council websites and trawling through forums.

Thanks in advance

Council, forums, google. That should be more than enough.

leo

Most councils allow you to search for development applications online. As i live on the border of liverpool & campbelltown council (NSW). I have used this search function to discover a woolies, hotel and other developments in the area.

I also use google however i search the news articles as these generally contain better information about potential developments. If you have access scan the local newspaper as well as this can contain a wealth of information.

In addition chat to your neighbours, shopowners, who-ever you can get your hands on as this is another great source of information.

In essence you need to the hard yards as nothing is handed on a platter

Back