What's gonna stop the Sydney boom?

It had been cheap for a number of years before .

I know prices moved up because demand outstripped supply , but the demand was mainly driven by investors who were buying on the basis of a change in sentiment. There have been no major changes in the fundamentals out at Mt Druitt .

If you think Mt Druitt is going to gentrify any time soon , you're wrong . Obviously you don't know the place and the Sydney market as a whole .

Cliff

Cliff,

I don't means to disrespect you, but I'm curious to know how and where did you get the information that Mt. Druitt won't be gentrifying ?

I've searched in this website: http://www.urbangrowthnsw.com.au/ but there is now result returned.

Cliff,

I don't means to disrespect you, but I'm curious to know how and where did you get the information that Mt. Druitt won't be gentrifying ?

I've searched in this website: http://www.urbangrowthnsw.com.au/ but there is now result returned.

Because it's in the middle of the outer western suburbs . It has no distinguishing geographical features .

It's a long way for the city.

It's still has a significant level of housing commission property's.

It is very much at the bottom of the Socioeconomic ladder and I see no reason why that will change .

I first worked out there 30 years ago and have spent a total of over twenty years working out there and I've seen absolutely no change since then .

One of the last social challenged suburbs to gentrify in Sydney is Redfern and that's one suburb out from the centre of the city and that's really only just changed significantly in the last decade .

Why is a non descript suburb with a whole pile of social problems , no specific convenience or geographical attractiveness suddenly going to move upmarket ?

There is no logical reason when there is lots of new land to be developed out there ....

Cliff

Because it's in the middle of the outer western suburbs . It has no distinguishing geographical features .

It is very much at the bottom of the Socioeconomic ladder and I see no reason why that will change .

I first worked out there 30 years ago and have spent a total of over twenty years working out there and I've seen absolutely no change since then .

One of the last social challenged suburbs to gentrify in Sydney is Redfern and that's one suburb out from the centre of the city and that's really only just changed significantly in the last decade .

Why is a non descript suburb with a whole pile of social problems , no specific convenience or geographical attractiveness suddenly going to move upmarket ?

There is no logical reason when there is lots of new land to be developed out there ....

Cliff

Ah cool, that does makesense Cliff.
I appreciate your response and explanations.

Many thanks for sharing it with us here.

Cliff

Make sense... Thanks for the information.

It has a train station

So do many other places in Sydney :cool:

Ahhhh

The train station .... Great place to get mugged in the evening :D

Reminded me of the old waterworks " fun park " that was there many years ago . Had to close due to cost / risk of litigation .

Friendly people used to put razor blades in the walls of the water slides . Saw a few nasty lacerations while working in cas from those ... Fun days .

Cliff

I think a lot of suburbs get labelled as gentriying when the only reason they increased in value was the domino effect from other suburbs increasing. That's my take on Mount Druitt.

Back