Whats one of the first "Toys" you bought? (adding fun value)

Didn't know what category to put this in (sorry Mods)

OK so once you realised that you hit a certain level of 'success' that you can now buy a toy.

Boys and girls, what was one of the first toys you bought? (MTR keep it clean will ya):D

Ill start it off:

One of my first toys was to massively renovate my PPOR to how I really wanted it!

Man in his palace and all that. :D

Cool question!!!

I always want a "Man Cave" few level beneath my house!!!!!

Man cave with my own bar, pool table, cars, workshop!!!

and the dreams goes on ...........

hey is friday before the long weekend so is ok to dream =)

A two seater sports car.

It didn't have any room for the kids/dogs.

Sat out the back under a car port collecting dust because it was a really impractical purchase that I should have put some more thought into.

Sold it for half it's value 2 years later and now have a beasty Hyundai Santa Fe that can cart around the entire family, all their junk and the dogs :)

I don't buy many toys any more :-(

Cheers

Jamie

haven't purchased any toys in a long time, however we have been on a couple of rather decent holidays, I am thrilled to say i have traveled business class :)

No toy yet, but my toy will be to buy my next PPOR on the coast somewhere with water views, or a brief stroll to the ocean front :D

My one real weakness has been audio, and I occasionally get upgradeitis. Currently its got me looking for a new subwoofer. I have buying audio stuff since my mid-late teens.

Thats about all the toys I buy really. My dog doesnt understand toys so I dont have to buy him anything either :D

Mine was a 1969 Karmann Ghia that I bought last year. Fantasticly fun 2 door but I can fit 3 kids and/or dog in it if necessary but I like driving it by myself

Perfect for days which are not raining and 20-30 degrees due to no air con and prob not the safest car in a rain storm.

Boats, boats boats and a couple more boats.

Im a bit overloaded atm. Ive got 5 of them. Need to get rid of a couple to free up some space (probably so I can by a couple of others :p)

I need a lot of boats. I have a tendancy to sink them.

Blacky

Blacky - alas we're not identical afterall :p (I get sea sick on a ferrie)

No real toys of my own yet, everythings going toward property game atm :(

Good question, my "toys" are holidays with kids and if possible some friends, that's where my personal saving and research goes to :) and as someone mentioned earlier, new PPOR closer to beach!!!

I promised in build speakers in our house to my husband one day when we buy house, and he never asked about it again. We bought house 3 years later, next day after signing contract he purchased Bose speakers :)

I always ensure I'm enjoying life at all times.

At present its holidays with my family twice a year, usually in the Whitsundays.

And I bought myself a C63.

Mine was a blow up doll. Took it to a party as a joke.

Gee look at the time. Think I'll hit the sack. Big night. Now where's that foot pump? hee hee.

OK so once you realised that you hit a certain level of 'success' that you can now buy a toy.
Boys and girls, what was one of the first toys you bought? (MTR keep it clean will ya):D
Ill start it off:
One of my first toys was to massively renovate my PPOR to how I really wanted it!

Bought most of my toys BEFORE investing :eek::D - mostly of the 4 wheel kind.

Post investing, and really as a milestone was our PPOR.

The Y-man

We just bought a new car for my other half's 40th birthday - an AMG A45. He loves it too :D

Other than that, no toys really. We have treated ourselves to a few luxuries however - getting a cleaning lady to clean our properties between tenants is a big one. It's had a huge impact on our lives as it's freed up a lot of time, and she is worth every cent.

Australian Muscle cars 1970,s era.I try to treat myself to one a year.But now i need a bigger shed.These cars perform better return wise than some property investments i make.Go figure!!!

Hmmm.... my biggest selfish purchase would have to be my current PPOR but now I do have my sights sets on the next upgrade but that will be a good few years away.

To get my husband keen on investing we set a boat as the carrot so got a boat a few years ago and I figured he's got a shiny new boat I want some shiny new rings so I had a new wedding set designed and made which would be my single biggest selfish purchase. The silly thing is they (to me) appear quite ostentatious and I'm not usually one for flashy things and feel embarrassed wearing them sometimes but the logic part of me is I spent all this money I'm not leaving them in the box (which I did for a whille). Hindsight hey....

Most recent 'toy' purchase was a couple of bikes for my husband and I and it's been fun riding them around.

My future carrot for a goal I have set is a short wheel base Prado so can't wait for that one!

Is he reformed or what? :p

Sorry. The word "toy" through me off lol. I should learn to read the posts thoroughly before replying.

BTW, the use of a foot pump prevents hyperventilation, which was a cheap high before I jumped on the wagon:eek:

A beach house/week ender.

Cool! where did you buy?

I was very lucky to have been brought up in a family which owns a beach house. My parents bought it over 30years ago (I cant remember if I was 6months old, or mum was 6months into the cooking phase? but anyway, they have had it about as long as they have had me).
The place is within 2hrs drive of where they live and is absolutely nothing flash. It has had "essential" repairs done to it to date, just to keep it standing.
Being so close to home means a weekend up there is perfectly feasable, and it is set up so that you can pack a bag of clothes and spend the weekend there.
I have some fantastic memories of the place.

The value of it though is how much it is used. During summer, its usually difficult to get a bed there - so its tent space only.
It makes for a very cheap weekend away.

Blacky

Back