Whats one of the first "Toys" you bought? (adding fun value)

Hmmm.... my biggest selfish purchase would have to be my current PPOR but now I do have my sights sets on the next upgrade but that will be a good few years away.

To get my husband keen on investing we set a boat as the carrot so got a boat a few years ago and I figured he's got a shiny new boat I want some shiny new rings so I had a new wedding set designed and made which would be my single biggest selfish purchase. The silly thing is they (to me) appear quite ostentatious and I'm not usually one for flashy things and feel embarrassed wearing them sometimes but the logic part of me is I spent all this money I'm not leaving them in the box (which I did for a whille). Hindsight hey....

Most recent 'toy' purchase was a couple of bikes for my husband and I and it's been fun riding them around.

My future carrot for a goal I have set is a short wheel base Prado so can't wait for that one!

You Must be related to my Fianc?e, Somehow she is on the 5th engagement ring.

Most recent toy was this weekend just gone; $200 worth or feature rocks and $180 for a dwarf Eucalyptus for the ongoing front yard landscaping. :rolleyes:

lol, 5th ring and you're not even married yet - that's a good effort! :p

I think I will end up being happy and settling on 3.5 rings.... the extra being a Canturi Cubism ring which I have had my sights set on for a loooooong time and the .5 will be this current set redesigned using the centre diamond again but less / not as big surrounding diamonds and the

Oh wait... I just remembered the ring my husband proposed with. It was so big it didn't even fit my thumb, let alone my ring finger and couldn't be resized to fit due to the design of it so we went shopping for another ring. Maybe I do have a problem... :eek: :D

Holy crap!
I did get a sparkly toy this year too. Mr Westminster said I could have something sparkly for our 10y anniversary last year and it took me a year to work out what I wanted. It turned out it was a new engagement ring instead of an eternity ring.
I love love love it. Of course I shopped around and got a brilliant deal for a custom design - about half the price of the rip off retailers.

of course I shopped around and got a brilliant deal for a custom design - about half the price of the rip off retailers.

Your absolutely right ! When it comes to gem rings I've found by being savvy and staying away from the major glitz stores in Westfield you can save thousands!!

Your absolutely right ! When it comes to gem rings I've found by being savvy and staying away from the major glitz stores in Westfield you can save thousands!!

Staying away from anything in Westfields will save you $$$ ;) - but you don't need to visit Nic Cerrone either, there are plenty of quality shops in between.

Back