What's the big deal with The Ponds?

Looking at the building websites, it appears that buying land at The Ponds is "the place to be". Land prices seem quite expensive for being out the back of Blacktown and there are lots of restrictions on building.

Is there anything I'm missing as to why everyone's building there or is it just a bit of hype and flavour of the month? I had considered building there about 6 months ago as the prices looked reasonable but have been turned off by having to camp out and the now hefty price increases on land prices.

Does anyone know if investors are buying there or is it mostly upgraders keeping up with the Joneses?

A resident's perspective (I live in a closely neighbouring suburb and have grown up in the area).

The ponds is largely a flavour of the month development. There's been a decent push by Landcom to have it looking all spick and span, streets are currently nicely manicured etc. etc.

People want to live there because they can have their McMansion, it's close to RHTC, it's close to "the Hills".

I don't believe it's worth the prices asked, however I have little doubt that it will sell like hot cakes.

A resident's perspective (I live in a closely neighbouring suburb and have grown up in the area).

The ponds is largely a flavour of the month development. There's been a decent push by Landcom to have it looking all spick and span, streets are currently nicely manicured etc. etc.

People want to live there because they can have their McMansion, it's close to RHTC, it's close to "the Hills".

I don't believe it's worth the prices asked, however I have little doubt that it will sell like hot cakes.

I disagree. The Ponds is quite popular because it is close to almost every thing. The suburb is surrounded by good schools, retail precincts, business parks, child care and recreational facilities. Bus is already servicing the area.

Once the Anglican Retirement Village gets build, the suburb will be popular to the elderly/retired and their families.

I'm a local resident and believe the area in general has always been popular.
The Ponds is just the next development out. kellyville was popular when it was sold off, Rouse Hill was next cab off the ranks with Beaumont Hills done at the same time. kellyville ridge dragged behind somewhat as the poorer cousin for a while but now all the land has been pretty much sold off the other side of Windsor rd is really getting a wriggle on. With riverstone the next big subdivision and the hezlet rd side of kellyvile also going ahead, services will become strained with the roads the first casualty already squeezed to capacity.

There's also home world 4 that coming along quickly. The land has already been developed with roads and services and I noticed the first two slabs being poured last week. The 'whole in the doughnut' area from the old home world two all the way up to castle hill country club is slowly coming along but I'd say it will start to gain momentum soon.

So within a two to three kilometer radius there's going to be a huge increase in the number of residences with lot sizes becoming smaller every week and land prices increasing. It makes me start to think about leaving.

In todays paper there was a young couple who have lived in Kellyville ridge for a few years and they decided to "upgrade" to the Ponds???

Without knowing more than where these two areas are located I wouldn't have thought it was an upgrade. They liked the park areas and the fact that you could walk the baby in the pram without going on the road (paths?).

So within a two to three kilometer radius there's going to be a huge increase in the number of residences with lot sizes becoming smaller every week and land prices increasing. It makes me start to think about leaving.

I hear that mate... Getting around (either to norwest or in to the city) is a big enough pain in peak hour already, let alone when they fill out the Ponds + The 'doughnut' you described.

Traffic is going to be f'in shocking. M2 is due for an increase in size but it's too little too late. 20 years till rail.

Bahbaow.

Back