What's the funniest/worst excuse you've heard for NOT investing from people?

Heard a good one last night when I was telling someone with $20k sitting in their bank about the co-contribution and how they should make to their super before end of FY....

"I can afford to give $1000 away........"

30 mins explaining with compound interest calculator convinced her otherwise :D .

Best one I've heard recently is that it's because this entire 40+ years of the history of the world has been one big financial scam.
Alex

alex

Whaaat???

That would have to be the wackiest, most off-the-planet reason/excuse I think I've ever heard!!! Why would he/she think this way, do you know??

Cheers
LynnH

alex

Whaaat???

That would have to be the wackiest, most off-the-planet reason/excuse I think I've ever heard!!! Why would he/she think this way, do you know??

Cheers
LynnH

I think it comes from living in a cave for to long while studying economic theory.

Dave

An excuse we get up here in SEQLD sometimes is

"Investment properties are too dear for me to buy as all the people from NSW are buying them up and sending the prices skyhigh" :cool:

yeah, pretty silly. apparantly the PI's from QLD are ok, THEY are allowed to buy, but those bloody New South Weshmen are the ones to blame. The logic escapes me too!!

Oh No! Wait for it ... when they (work) found out I was buying a PI (in Qld & I'm from Qld) the comment was ... 'so you're the reason my children can't afford to buy a house' ...

Some other smart ar5e had the gall to say 'are you sure you can afford it?' ... uh, I work in a finance area and spent the last year managing a $2B budget, I think I can handle a little personal finance .... (plus the Q came from my boss!)

From the same smart ar5e 'I can't afford to buy' .... hmm, so what did happen to your recent $40K per annum pay rise? (That's the pay rise that put him on twice my salary ...)

Okay, just slip that soap box back under the desk and settle down now ...

DJ

I think it comes from living in a cave for to long while studying economic theory.

Dave

lol!! How nice, I've found a sanctuary in a part of the forum that doesn't contain the grafiti of the D+G mob! I had better not speak too soon.

Regards Jason.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha a girl i work with says she dont want to have big det, yet she just took out a loan of 40,000 for a new 4x4!!!!

Heard a beauty the other day:
My boyfriend is buying his PPOR and we might be moving to another locality.

What that has to do with buying an IP is totally beyond me! Oh...and she had just purchased a brand spanking new car on credit. I guess at least she can take it with her.

Back