Whats the longest you have left your dishes pile up in the sink?

I find i'm good for a while at keeping the dishes under control then after a few weeks I then go back into old lazy habits. This is an area in my life I need to get under control. I think i will need to do a bit of scrubbing today :D Good news is im motivated to do it today.

hmmm, i need to change! its quite embarrasing.

and yes I know, if i do the dishes every day i wont have this problem, but for some reason somewhere along the way, something goes wrong? Lazyness? Something else?

Anyway, anyone else have problems with their dishes. lol

I'm gonna go put some music on and go and tackle those dishes now! :D

Actually my whole unit is cluttered. i need to get some kind of organisation. I'm thinking of even hiring a cleaner once a month just to help me a bit!

:)

Heh heh, I hear ya! Same story in my old flat, it was ok for a few days & then outta nowhere there was whole kitchen in my sink that needed washing.

Like another poster has said, I've thrown out bowls or containers in the past when the substance contained therein has taken on a life of its own :)

solution: dishwasher!!!!

I'm good with the dishes, bad with everything else. Just got a cleaner a few weeks ago. Now i've gotta get the rest of my junk sorted and stop being a hoarder. If you need a cleaner let me know, can put you onto someone good.
Having a routine helps too.

yey, i just spent 1 hour and 15 minutes cleaning!

i'll take a break now and have lunch whilst surfing ss. I'll give myself 20 minutes for lunch :D

I'm good with the dishes, bad with everything else. Just got a cleaner a few weeks ago. Now i've gotta get the rest of my junk sorted and stop being a hoarder. If you need a cleaner let me know, can put you onto someone good.

mum comes to help me clean.... i just find it too overwhelming to do on my own (plus im extremely lazy) so much to do, lol even though i live in a 48 sqm unit. i dont think its fair though for mum, i'd rather get a cleaner in. lol hmmm i wonder how many others who are the same as me. :D

Yeah i need to develop some kind of routine. its hard though to remain accountable when you are the only one living here. Instead of putting things in there correct spot i'll let it drop where it drops. eg clothes, crap from the letterbox.

I think what would help is.... if i had more visitors then i'd have to make sure it was clean all the time :D haha maybe i should get my friends to make surprise house calls every now and then :p

When I was sharing a flat. My flatmate would leave mugs in the sink and i refused to wash it for her -> yes it got petty. But... it ended up with MOULD in them. GROSS.

I used to have an awesome system :D

Sunday was cleanup day. Laundry and the dishes and the vacuuming and dusting got done on sunday.

There wouldn't be any food scraps since i'd eat everything, so plates got a quick rinse, and added to the pile on the sink. Rubbish got thrown out every night, such as meat trays, trimmed fat, vege & fruit scraps, so the place would never ever have a chance to smell.

It was a perfect, efficient system! :cool:

But when the mrs moved in, it wasn't good enough for some reason :confused:

Er, we would totally run out of plates, dishes etc :confused:.

I think when the latest plate was broken (dropped by helpful children) we had enough to last breakfast and lunch but not dinner.

How much stuff do you people own??

maybe a dishwasher?

is like a cupboard for dirty stuff and when you run out of room you turn it on.

Get a cleaner. I have a lady who does 90min every fortnight and she gets so much done - she amazes me. She does all the heavy stuff and I just maintain it in the off week.

don't get hung up on being lazy - celebrate it :)

I used to have an awesome system :D

Sunday was cleanup day. Laundry and the dishes and the vacuuming and dusting got done on sunday.

There wouldn't be any food scraps since i'd eat everything, so plates got a quick rinse, and added to the pile on the sink. Rubbish got thrown out every night, such as meat trays, trimmed fat, vege & fruit scraps, so the place would never ever have a chance to smell.

It was a perfect, efficient system! :cool:

But when the mrs moved in, it wasn't good enough for some reason :confused:

I can see the problem ......... Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest.

You should have tackled them on Mondays because that is always a crap day anyway!

Alternatively, the mrs could have remained the ms ..........

Back