What's the most cash / lowest LVR you've ever put into an investment (non-PPOR)

Last year I stumbled across a real bargain. I valued it at about 850k and they were asking 700k. It was in a suburb that has an average price of about 600k, and not many knew what this little pocket was really worth. So it didn't surprise me when the valuation came back 100k under. I still decided to buy it with a view of cashing out once there were a few other sales in the area that justified the price. Sure enough, 12 months later a worse house down the road sold for 900k, and the guy behind me sold for 950k.

Totally worth it! So what's the most you've had to plow into an investment when no one including the valuers were on your side?

hmm $36k i think, when I bought a duplex pair on one title for $250K at 90% LVR plus associated costs.

Big spender i know :)

None.

All IP's were bought using equity for deposits and purchase costs, and separate loans for the balance.

Haven't ever had a problem with any valuations for any properties I've bought.

Last edited:
$20K over valuation, where next door property sold 4 months later for $40K more than what I paid.
It made me realise how valuations are very subjective, and sometimes valuators can get it slightly wrong too.
In addition I already held another IP in that suburb which now has been re-valued by the bank and has increased by $70K from that IPs purchase price.
So there it goes!
By the way I suspect totally other IP bought around similar time, and the valuation must have come higher, but banks lend only what the Purchase Price is for. Why I think that, how possibly could they derive the same price I bought for to the dollar (say it was something like $x39,590.00)?

Back