Whats the weirdest/wackiest thing you have done during your investment journey??:)

Im just using the WRAP quote.. I copy someone's text then use the WRAP quote around it.

Still not sure what to do..

Im just using the WRAP quote.. I copy someone's text then use the WRAP quote around it.

Still not sure what to do..

You can click on the "Quote" button on someone's responses (bottom right) and would be brought right to the reply page with that quote. If you want to quote multiple peps, click the 2nd button that looks like quote with a plus--> "+

Once you have quoted all, click REply and all the quotes will be in it

You can click on the "Quote" button on someone's responses (bottom right) and would be brought right to the reply page with that quote. If you want to quote multiple peps, click the 2nd button that looks like quote with a plus--> "+

Once you have quoted all, click REply and all the quotes will be in it

Thanks! I think this should work...

Thanks EN710 and Y MaN.

Doesn't make sense - I can figure out property development, but took me more than 83 posts to work out how to quote properly! :eek::eek::D

btw Y man, you have averaged about 3 posts every day for the last 10 years!!:eek:

Just recently, bought a unit that required a major renovation, settled just before leaving for Europe for 5 weeks....
So went for holiday with kids, when instead should be doing the work, well that's life, right? :)

Just recently, bought a unit that required a major renovation, settled just before leaving for Europe for 5 weeks....
So went for holiday with kids, when instead should be doing the work, well that's life, right? :)

You have got your priorities absolutely right!

You have got your priorities absolutely right!

I though so too, you get to a point in life where you think what is more important, well kids are growing up so quick and no one knows what tomorrow may bring. But, everything in moderation, right?:)

In 2012 I went to my first auction, with 3 registered bidders (1 was a fake bidder).

I stopped the auctioneer after he had started and said to him that it wasn't ok for him to try convince/push buyers to pay more :D He told me that he was supposed to be doing that :eek:

Lived on a $35/week food budget.

That is, $35/week for everything that entered my mouth. Dining out, groceries, drinks, coffee, medicine and other things all included.

I found it oddly easy and liberating.

ummmm....we do that now. We average $57.79 week (for 2 people) while in Canada, and $59.46 average a week (for 2 people) while in Australia.
You're right, it is very easy..and lots of fun finding bargains.

We leave for 4 months, and come back to a price war on 85cent bread.
How great is that...it makes the best toast :)

Some really interesting/funny stories! :D

Here's another, not so much something I did, but happened to me (and an unfortunate REA).

So I was being shown this property that was on a potential development site I was interested in. So I met the REA outside the place, and then after some superficial pleasantries, we headed to the front door. As we were about 2 meters from the security door, this 6'something, 150kg Tongan woman charges through the door with a baseball bat (ahh the lovely tenant who didn't want to move as it was being rented well below market value) and shouting every obscenity in the book (btw I found out that day that I was the "property devil") chased us out of the property and we literally bolted down the street because she chased us that far. Then she headed back to the house and found the poor REA car and batted the **** out of it....lol:eek::D

Cut a long story short, needless to say I lost interest in that place fast as I didn't want any additional hassles (morons at council are challenge enough) so I didn't pursue it.

It actually worked out well because 2 weeks later I was shown another site which was overall a better deal :D:D

Funny story there Leo. We went to see a house in Western Sydney start of 2012. Seemed vendors were just cutting losses and selling too soon.

The tenant didn't want to move so told the RE agent about all the water leaking and the big puddles it makes in the living area :) As well as every other issue she could point out then and there lol.

Then there was one that I purchased where we rocked up at the wrong place, the agent was closing up the home and could show us..Interestingly I had only gone that far as my mum wanted to see some places. When I went in it looked nice - i said this is an owner occupier home and yield not something I entertained..So we left the place and I told mum what a waste of time it was. It came back on the market with another agent who was a colleagues father. I paid market value and it's worth more so caught the rising market...

Can I also add, the property was purchased on a credit card :D Literally!

It came back on the market with another agent who was a colleagues father. I paid market value and it's worth more so caught the rising market...

Can I also add, the property was purchased on a credit card :D Literally!

haha nice one!! :D

Mine doesn't sound that crazy but kinda was. After cosmetically renovating my unit recently in Sydney suburb popular with Chinese investors, it was ready to be put on the market.

Upon my agents advice, though the unit was renovated with neutral tones/paint/fixtures; and the unit was vacant and without furniture, for the first open home inspection weekend, my agent advised me to "pander to the Chinese buyers". So, I got creative and bought a big red (Chinese 'lucky' colour) vase, and bought some 'lucky' decorative bamboo (complete with red ribbons), to go in it.

Vase was placed in a prominent position on the kitchen counter for all to see.

Hey, it was obvious but at least I didn't paint a red feature wall or anything!! Though the thought did cross my mind... ;)

In 2009 Nathan Birch rang me at work one morning and said he had a property that was a great price and going on RE.com that night.

I rang hubby to get the cheque book and meet us at the property. I left at lunchtime and raced over to Blacktown.

We quickly looked at the villa, drove to the office and signed the papers.

Raced back to work by end of lunchtime. Looking frazzled as I raced in one teacher asked where I had been.

"I just went to buy a house".:D

I haven't touched it in 5 years. It's gone up at least 70%. :D

I was at home one day in the school holidays. I was a bit depressed and started looking at holidays.
I was looking at Bali and noticed a flight left in 3 hours.I booked the flight ( printed the ticket, had my shower), packed a bag and drove to the airport.

Next day I was lazing on the beach with my surprised friends.

Back