what's this thingamajig called?

Hi there tropical property owners, wondering if you can help me put a name to this thingamajig-

It's used in tropical climates for improving air flow and ventilation between rooms and sits as a strip horizontally at the top of the wall - kind of like a trellis but obviously for indoors

Is it called wall vent? But wall vents seem to be brick sized.

I am trying to find a supplier but have nowhere to start because I don't even know what it is called.

Thanks!

Is this the type of thing you mean?

Attachments

• fretwork.jpg
    fretwork.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 85
In Queenslanders it's known as a "breezeway". They can be decorative with lots of fancy fretwork stuff or as simple as vertical boards. The vertical board variety you could make/install yourself, and the fancy fretwork can be bought "off the shelf" or custom made to your requirements.
Available at such places in Brisbane (and other Qld hardware's I suspect) Finlayson's.

In Queenslanders it's known as a "breezeway". They can be decorative with lots of fancy fretwork stuff or as simple as vertical boards. The vertical board variety you could make/install yourself, and the fancy fretwork can be bought "off the shelf" or custom made to your requirements.
Available at such places in Brisbane (and other Qld hardware's I suspect) Finlayson's.

A breezeway is an architectural feature similar to a hallway that allows the passage of a breeze between structures to accommodate high winds, allow aeration, or provide aesthetic design variation. Often a breezeway is a simple roof connecting two structures (such as a house and a garage); sometimes it can be much more like a tunnel.

Is this the type of thing you mean?

Yes!

Fretwork/breezeway....

Hope there's some on ebay!

Any Melbournites know where I can get them or other online shops that have them!

I have checked out Finlayson's catalogue but don't think they do interstate deliveries.

Thank you so much to all who have replied! I appreciate your help!

Arms, what I meant was that in architect-speak, yes a breezeway seems to be something very different to what is known in Queenslander-style homes.

Back