What's Your Day Job (if any)?

I'm a scientist doing mainly research based at uni. Long-term plan is to get into coaching (career development & business). I love the research but miss the people (most of research is pretty lonely).

kaf

Is it just me, or is there a lot of techo geeky types here on Somersoft? :rolleyes:

Ah well, we are chatting on an internet forum after all... :p

Cheers,
Michael.

handyandy, i work in a school, not as a teacher but as a counsellor/educational psychologist.

not quite sure who gets less respect, the teachers and the counsellors.
the pay is pretty much the same though.

handyandy, i work in a school, not as a teacher but as a counsellor/educational psychologist.

not quite sure who gets less respect, the teachers and the counsellors.
the pay is pretty much the same though.

Just to stop confusionn - he is handyandy888 I am handyandy (the original). Maybe when people are addressing the other handyandy they could shorten it to ha888.

Cheers

Mr Sunshine is an Electrical Engineer consulting to the Mining Industry (mainly coal).

I am a stay at home mum - but much prefer the following (any or all) three titles -

Director of Finances
Domestic Goddess
Director of Property Research and Accumulation

I am best at No 3, getting better at matching No 1 with No 3, and need to outsource more of No 2. At least with School holidays upon us my mornings will be stress free - 6 weeks of not making lunches and finding shoes and trying to get to school on time - yipee!

I also have a couple of homebased businesses on the side - but slowly winding them down/offloading.

Sunshine

The Day Job I always wanted was to be Chairman of the Board of BHP.

When I was a child BHP was always referred to as 'The Big Australian'. I thought it would be very glamorous to be Chairman of the Board.

That early ambition has taken me into many Boardrooms and meeting rooms over the years but I am usually asked to leave when the meeting is over.

I am now Director of my own Company and while I have grand plans for expansion being the Chairman of the Board means that I have no-one to argue with but myself. It is also unlikely that I will be selling pig iron to the Japanese or yellow cake to the British.

However, tomorrow is another day and I may yet achieve my ambition. Watch this space.

Cheers

Kristine

Greetings,

My day job is a development planner for a local Council. By night I'm a 3D visualiser / architect and law student. I'm yet to enter the property market, but hopefully should have sufficient funds within the next 18 months to join the game.

cheers,

Hi All,

I am another one of the "techo geeky types" that Michael referred to above. We implement web and collaboration solutions for our customers. In IT now, started as an apprentice electrician, studying Engineering at night.

Lots of fun for this geek.

Cheers,
Horizon

Last edited:
Back