What's Your Day Job (if any)?

I've just retired from my 6 year long career as a Software Developer (yippeeeee!!! :D) and starting my new job as a Pre-sales IT consultant next week :D I hope I enjoy it more than my old boring job!

I've just retired from my 6 year long career as a Software Developer (yippeeeee!!! :D) and starting my new job as a Pre-sales IT consultant next week :D I hope I enjoy it more than my old boring job!

Same. Pre-sales IT also, sometimes called Solution Architect/Sales Engineers etc. whatever fits nicely on the business cards :)

Been doing it for almost 10 years now, it's customer facing and technology focus advantages should mean it's hard to offshore :)

quality and hse mgr for a multi-nat co.

Best title I've seen is "Supreme Allied Commander NATO Forces Europe"
- any title which starts with Supreme Allied Commander has to make mum proud :p

Yeah Supreme says a lot.

I am amused by the spate of Chief (insert whatever) Officers these days.
CEO, CFO CIO, CSO....
Though Supreme is better than Chief.

My personal preference would be C3PO.

I tell people my job is "Arm Waving and Powerpoints"........I travel alot so this often involves many powerpints after hours.

I am a Systems Management Consultant

I dig dirty big holes in the ground, mostly out at sea over the horizon, or in the middle of the desert over that last sand dune, where the chardonnay swilling greenies can't see us and therefore don't complain as much.

If you use lights at night, or use a computer, or drive a vehicle, or use anything made of plastic.....then I'm the guy that helps you do it.

All that stuff that the Greenies use for their protest missions Dazz!

I am an evironmental scientist working for mining companies. I agree with you both that we need all the stuff we dig or pump out of the ground, but in the words of Joni Mitchell :)o) "Dont it always seem to go that you dont know what you've got till its gone?"

Joni Mitchell

Hi TheBacon

Thanks for the Joni Mitchell quote. In the same song it goes "They took all the trees, put them in a tree museum, charge the people a dollar and a half to see them".

I went to the Melbourne Museum last year and they had a forest display complete with trees!!!

Graeme :)

I am a senior officer in administration for a Govt owned business, a job which I kind of stumbled into and absolutely love. I have also just started a Cert IV in Frontline Management which promises to be very exciting.
My husband is a storeman at a large building products company.

Full-time property bloke. Mainly renovations and buy and hold investing . And it looks like there's not many of us around here.
LL
PS Also an "L" plate grandfather, and gees I love it !!!

Hi all,

I am a Registered Nurse but currently at Uni to become a property valuer but actually now thinking of commercial property manager?? Next step is to try and find a job so I can finally change careers!!!!

Good to see a range of different jobs people do!

Tarah

I tell every1 I am a beach bum lol in reality I run a few websites have managed businesses and investor looking into a comm in rocky still not to sure numbers look good :D working at being buy hold mainly do H&L still and dable in forex although haven't dabbled lately waiting for us market to settle as usually trade euro/usd

Hi everyone,

I run my own biz and do demolitions. I mainly do kitchens but also some bathrooms, walls and asbestos. I subbie out to kitchen companies in Brisbane and ripout the old kitchens, then they deliver and install the new ones.
Been doing this for 3 years now and love it. Theres something therapeudic about smashing things with a sledge hammer as a few formites would know.

I also work for a large kitchen company doing their maintence which fills up my days. Both jobs are very flexible so I have plenty of time with the family and school events which I rate as #1, work #2.

I have done plenty of jobs from office to labouring in the last 20 years so decided to get some credentials. I have 2 months left to finish my Cert IV in Building and then will look to getting my BSA ticket.

The plan is to concentrate on kitchen ripouts and in between build my IPs.

Chris

Hubby and I own a discount shop. We're tired of the retail game now, and so the shop is "on the market." The business is healthy but we just want a change.

I'm fostering an idea about offering temporary management service, for time poor business owners, who want to take extended holidays, but I'm really just kicking the idea around at the moment. I was offered a job as a property manager, which I thought may be interesting but then I investigated and realised it's dreadful pay! So now I'm back to searching for a new direction / inspiration. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, we can always build and sell the occasional house for a little extra cash no matter what else we sink our teeth in to. :cool:

Im still a full-time uni student majoring in IR and OHS. Just finished a couple of months working in the corporate HSE dept of a large resources company who is being targeted by another large resources company...

Despite being a greenie I also agree that we need the stuff we dig and pump out of the ground, but thank God we have environmental scientists to make sure they do it cleanly and sustainably.

Can't wait to graduate and get back into buying property and shares.

Hi everyone,

I was a full time administrator , but was able to leave that in 2006 due to my party plan business going really well. Never thought in my wildest dreams it would take off as it has.
The Passive income from downline recruiting is servicing my properties and the income from parties is replacing my day job.

Hubby is a credit manager with a record company and his long service leave is at the end of the year and will be giving up his job thanks to our party plan.

Back