Whats your motivation/ Snap Quiz

W

WebBoard

Hi all, as a follow on to the "10 points on becoming rich" thread, I thought I would run a quick Quiz by you all, all answers are correct, there are no right or wrong.

Do you invest in property because;

A) You want to be rich

B) You want to secure a good future

C) Its exciting

D) Everyone else is doing it

C) Someone in your close family or friends are doing it

D) You stumbled onto it

E) You came to see what all the fuss was about and you got hooked

F) Your not sure

G) Its a safe bet

H) Its easy

I) Your accountant suggested it

J) You like houses

K) The Stock Market was to hard to understand

L) Other ( please briefly say what'other'is)

Or if you would just like to tell us what your motivation is to play this game of property Investing, it would be much appreciated :eek:)

TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Is it just me or is anyone else worrying about the wife's alphabetical skills?!

Sorry wife (it's the silly season after all) but to be serious........
I invest in property for many of the cited reasons, but mainly because I'm basically lazy and I don't want to have to be working for a living in my retirement (actually I don't work now but my hubby does). I guess most of us would agree that it's a far better thing to be enjoying the things you want to do, in later years (well hopefully not so much later!) rather than being tied to a job that you hate.

Cheers, Jacque :)

Reply: 2

A) You want to be rich = Cause I will be RICH

B) You want to secure a good future = It's a good base structure for building into bigger things

C) Its exciting = NOT... Unless you get innovative with your investing style

D) Everyone else is doing it = Be careful if this starts happening, it's called the "HERD MENTALITY"

C) Someone in your close family or friends are doing it = They are now.

D) You stumbled onto it = Always wanted to invest in property since I was 18-19.

E) You came to see what all the fuss was about and you got hooked = Cause I had a passion.

F) Your not sure = I knew what i wanted to do and it was a matter of working out how I was going to do it.

G) Its a safe bet = Yes, it is safe but its a good base for building a large net worth.

H) Its easy = It can be, depends on how well you manage your property managers.

I) Your accountant suggested it = No.

J) You like houses = Yes.

K) The Stock Market was to hard to understand = No, I still invest in the stock market to.

L) Other ( please briefly say what 'other' is)

I play the property game CAUSE I CAN....

Cheers
Robert

Reply: 3

I invest in property because

A) I want to be rich

B) I want a secure future

C) It's very exciting

D) Everyone else is doing it but I make my own decision as to what we do. Who wants to be a sheep??

C) My family love property investing. My grandfather was a farmer - property must be in my blood.

D) I did KINDA stumble onto it, but who cares, I'm here now.

E) All you gurus love talking about it, so I thought there must be something in it.

F) Property investing is a great career for a woman, wife and mother!!

G) You bet it's a safe bet, that's why I love investing (if you due your due dil of course)

H) It's not that easy but that's half the fun.

I) My accountant didn't suggested it - we were already hooked property investors.

J) I love houses AND ANYTHING ELSE PROPERTY RELATED. Who doesn't??

K) The Stock Market is a bit hard to understand BUT I'LL FIGURE IT OUT ONE DAY!

L) Other
Property investing is great fun AND I get to hear about all these wonderful experiences people have with their investing on the forum!!

Cheers
EL

Reply: 3.1

Well I love old houses. They talk to me. Their graceful proportions make me go weak at the knees. So I started to collect them.

Then there was a property boom and I found I could make money from my houses. I learnt to renovate. Then, being an avid reader, I started to explore more creative ways to invest in property. And I made some special IP friends on this and other forums who continue to support and inspire me.

The most invigorating thing, the thing that now keeps me hyped day and night, is the huge range of choices I now seem to have - in every area of my life. And unbelievably, it seems to be increasing. I look around me and realise that this is what makes the difference. Choice. Bit of an ah-ha moment when I worked this one out.

So many people have no real say in the way they live their lives. But if you are logged on to this forum and reading this now, you most likely have. And you are truly in the minority. One of the most inspiring things I've noticed about fellow loggees is their can-do attitude and the way they make things happen. For them, things change from one week to the next. Not always good that's true, but always beneficial, even if only as a learning opportunity.

For the rest it's more of the same - they travel through life looking at the things inside the bus instead of at what's outside.

Michele

Reply: 2.1

On 12/10/01 2:26:00 PM, Robert Forward wrote:
>Do you invest in property
>because;
>
>A) You want to be rich =
>Cause I will be RICH

Is that like chocolate topping ?

>B) You want to secure a good
>future = It's a good base
>structure for building into
>bigger things

So is concrete. As is rock. Sand is not.

>D) Everyone else is doing it =
>Be careful if this starts
>happening, it's called the
>"HERD MENTALITY"

Unless it's about football... then it's a "Hird mentality"

>D) You stumbled onto it =
>Always wanted to invest in
>property since I was 18-19.

About the same time you started drinking and stumbling elsewhere too ?

Do you have a history of stumbling into houses ?

;-)

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 2.2

OOps, I AM renowned for my poor speling after all...

TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Reply: 3.1.1

When you begin with a little equity, property allows you to borrow to build your portfolio. (Quite quickly at present, assuming you bought a few years back) Once you have developed your own recipe for success why give it away to the punters in the sharemarket, stick with what you know.

BF

Reply: 2.1.1

Hey, I've only stumbled into your house a few times, give me a break will ya...

Next time I'll drink before I come around so I'll be more stable then.

Cheers
Robert

Reply: 3.1.1.1

A) & B) I want to be financially secure for my future. Not only that, but I want to have the ability to retire, should I wish to do so, within ten years and also I want to be able to contribute substantial amounts to the less fortunate in the community.

I also want to reach a stage where I don't have to worry about cashflow - because there will be enough coming in to cover all of life's needs and some of those wants.

C) Its exciting - It is exciting and addictive. Reading and learning about property investment not only broadens your horizons, but also helps encourage the old grey matter to start thinking laterally, as once you know what you want to do, your brain will start plotting out for you the particular strategies that will need to be implemented to allow you to achieve the desired outcome.

C) Someone in your close family or friends are doing it - Yes some of my family and quite a few of my friends are fellow property investors - and yes I did find the achievements of a couple of them were really inspirational, which initially was what encouraged me to look further into the medium of property investment.

J) You like houses - That too. I find looking at houses in person and on the internet really fun and exciting. I love to hunt for bargains, and do the sums. I love looking at properties and visualizing how they could be improved.

And finally. I think it is great how houses cost so much money - because the more they cost, and the more we can borrow against them, the greater will be the effect that compound growth will have as time goes by.

The more value of assets we control, the greater the potential for capital gain and a greater increase in our net worth.

Apart from that I think collecting houses is a great hobby.

Debra

Reply: 3.1.1.1.1

A) You want to be rich - Yes

B) You want to secure a good future - Yes

C) Its exciting - Yes, look forward to getting out of the "rat race" within next 9 yrs.

D) Everyone else is doing it - No, refer to Jan Somer's book, BWICT, page 152 (Too many Property Investors?)

C) Someone in your close family or friends are doing it - No, wish they did and I would have started in IP 'long time ago'

D) You stumbled onto it - Yes, but dismissed it many times in the past

E) You came to see what all the fuss was about and you got hooked - Yes

F) Your not sure -

G) Its a safe bet - Yes

H) Its easy - Yes

I) Your accountant suggested it - No, in fact, number of years ago, went to see one and could have helped me get started but knew nothing about IP, D'Head.

J) You like houses - Yes, always have but did not realized the benefits of 'building wealth' from them.

K) The Stock Market was to hard to understand - Yes, but will get into when the IP's are up and running.

L) Other ( please briefly say what'other'is)

This forum keeps me going! Learning all the time.

Reply: 4

I mainly invest because I fell in to it. I took one day off work and was bored so I actually bought a unit that very day, without my boyfriend even seeing it...he agrees it was the best decision I ever made for us!

Another one was for sale in the same block a few months later, so we bought that as well!

I think property investing is heaps of fun. I don't know all about the taxation side of things...I just love buying the properties! It gives me a reason to work at the moment...but I would LOVE to make property investment my work!

Merry Christmas & A Safe New Year To All...

Reply: 5

I got into PI because it was different and now find it addictive. I like doing things that are frowned upon in decent company (I also earn an income from flying balloons).

Most of my friends and family have 'a bad experience story' about an IP owned by a friend of a friend which was rented out to horror tenants and tried to talk me out of it.
I did my sums and decided to go against the grain and buy my first property. It was one of the best decisions I have made.

Hunting down a bargain, doing the sums and closing a good deal is a bit like and addiction - I want to slow down but find it very hard to do so. Maybe their should be a government department that helps people break the PI habit.

Reply: 5.1

Brett
Haven't you heard of Property Investors Anonymous?? They meet regularly on this forum :)

EL

Reply: 5.2

Maybe their should be a government department that helps people break the PI habit?

There is, Brett, it's called the Tax department, well, they try, anyway!!!

hehe

asy

There are no problems, only solutions which have not yet been discovered.

Reply: 6

Yes Yes Yes and .......I wish picking the winning numbers in division one Lotto was as easy as the questions.

I've tried throwing I.P. street numbers in as part of winning number combinations, but I think I'll just increase the number of street numbers I own. The outcome is more predictable.

See you at Brisbane Freestylers in the New Year Have a great Christmas and I know
you'll have a prosperous New Year

Eric W.

Motivation

Reply: 7

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C1822E.EB1F7B60
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I want to be rich !

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C1822E.EB1F7B60
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

I want to be rich !

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C1822E.EB1F7B60--