what’s your numbers?

Having retired 2 1/2 yrs ago, we have a low budget of $1000 per month, because that is what we have been used to.

If needed, we can use more, but this number works for us atm.

Most people would find this too restrictive...but we never had money to waste, and figure why start now.

Having retired 2 1/2 yrs ago, we have a low budget of $1000 per month, because that is what we have been used to.

If needed, we can use more, but this number works for us atm.

Most people would find this too restrictive...but we never had money to waste, and figure why start now.

Would be a lot easier to live on in SE Asia. Ever considered going down that route Kathryn?

Would be a lot easier to live on in SE Asia. Ever considered going down that route Kathryn?

Nope :)
For many, I understand purposely living on a restricted budget is not even a consideration.
That is fine.

For us, we vacation 8 months of the year in Australia..so we don't really need a lot of money.
Then we go back to canada for 4 months, and work too hard (we self-manage, while we give our property supers a vacation), to have time to spend any.

For people contemplating retirement, and the amount of money you need, or think you need..may not be the real numbers.

Yes, you will probably take the 2-6 os trips, and then travel around australia...then you will probably settle into a routine.

Get a job you love then retirement isn't an issue.

I could have retired years ago simply on financial grounds, but gain far more from my job than the $$$.

Cut down to 2 days a week but resisting retirement.

Actually look forward to work days.
Marg

Back