What's your success rate with banks.....

cleared it up, turn out when your gas is "turned off" there's no master main up the street like your phone or power, just turn the little lever in the meterbox.

handy to know...

d*ckheads.

Yup. My nephew works for APA and back when he started some days they had him go around to houses 'turning off the gas'. Tools? They supplied him with a roll of 20c pieces which he inserted in the line at the houses meter box which blocked the supply somehow.

Some of the more 'regular' of these types of clients however become wise to this and remove the coin themselves. :D

I only have issues with Telstra. Most times when I ring them about anything (and I usually have lots of nice major issues to ring them about) they change my mailing address back to the house I lived in in 2002. They've done it 4 or so times since we started having major issues with them in September 2008. Makes it impossible to tell if they've resolved the major issues without calling and going on hold for another hour if you don't get mail.

Now I know they are doing it so often I've had a big rant to them, and their survey bot that rang me, and the person who rang to check what I said to the survey bot ... STOP CHANGING MY FREAKIN MAILING ADDRESS WITHOUT ASKING ME YOU IMBECILES :mad:

My advice to their "how do we improve our customer service" was simple. Change your system so it has TWO addresses on file (we're on single bill) - where your landline is physically connected, and where the mail goes to. And never change them unless you are specifically asked. And how about you stop storing all my old addresses in the system in the first place so you don't even have the option to randomly select one of them to constantly change back to. How hard can that be?

And Centerlink are just annoying. They send me profit and loss statements on a semi-random basis. The time period they span always starts from when the business started rather than from the last financial year, or for the current quarter like everyone else does. They take whatever figures you give them for whatever period and average them out to a weekly income. The first one they sent was due back the day before the period ended Or Else, and I couldn't post it back early as I just happened to be expecting payments in on that last day. The cover letter said "ring us if you need to change the date" or some such. Rang them, they said they could under no circumstances change the date the form was due back, the computer wouldn't let them. So they just got their form back late.

And they are so rude! Dropped in a mod R when we got the house rented out, 2 weeks later a nasty sounding lady rings up and demands to know all our details about our properties. We say we put in a mod R some weeks ago. Brief silence, "so you have" then she hangs up on me without another word.

bank? wotsa bank

I've never dealt with a bank in Australia. We have a credit union and they've been fantastic. They are always having to deal with our financial institution in the USA (also not a bank - it's an online investing company) with money being transferred back and forth, and there hasn't ever been a breakdown in communication.

Our low doc property loan through them was no hassle.

When I overdo the debit card I get a nice little note politely requesting me to top up the account.

Oh, wait wait there's more, they even answer the phone.

I can understand that because government departments are very understaffed! Complain to your local member if it's such an issue (not sure if it will make a difference though, but you never know).

Nice idea but I reckon a total waste of breath telling your local member.

Back