When an agent Photoshops photos online?

Hi.

Interested in a property that so far has no other interest so prepared to offer agent $400k against $429k asking price.

Have since found that at least one image published on Realestate.com.au by the agent has been photoshopped...

Anyone been in this situation?

Obviously I want to secure the property, but I also would love to blow this agent right out of the water for what is essentially fraud. The editing is subtle but obvious.

Any 2c welcome.

Thanks all.

Hi.

Interested in a property that so far has no other interest so prepared to offer agent $400k against $429k asking price.

Have since found that at least one image published on Realestate.com.au by the agent has been photoshopped...

Anyone been in this situation?

Obviously I want to secure the property, but I also would love to blow this agent right out of the water for what is essentially fraud. The editing is subtle but obvious.

Any 2c welcome.

Thanks all.

Caveat Emptor. Do your due diligence, offer and pay what the property is worth and don't get caught up in irrelevant details. "Blowing the agent right out of the water" may not assist to "secure the property". Buy first, get angry later.. do everything on your terms.

Good Luck
vtt
:D

Thanks vtt

I'm not angry by any means, but disappointed that an agent would think their clientele so dumb as to not notive a blatantly touched up image. You're right that I'm not going to let this spoil my potential purchase, as the property is still sound. But surely this constitutes fraud on the part of the agent?

I guess it's hard to quantify if we don't know the details of the photoshop? :confused:

Did the agent photoshop in a triple garage and a bell tower, or did they photoshop out a d!ldo off the bedside dresser you believe should be part of the sale?

pinkboy

My sister sold her house last year and her agent photoshopped nice green grass in where there is just dirt. I think if you go and check the property out for yourself which you probably have then you can make your own decision. What have they photo shopped

I guess it's hard to quantify if we don't know the details of the photoshop? :confused:

Did the agent photoshop in a triple garage and a bell tower, or did they photoshop out a d!ldo off the bedside dresser you believe should be part of the sale?

pinkboy

LMAO. This is my favourite SS post ever.

pinkboy

LMAO. This is the best SS post ever.

No dildo deletion, lol, more like vegetation alteration. Er, bush removal, call it Brazilian wax on a yard. But surely it's illegal to brush out any detail whatsoever. This is not just contrast and brightness alteration, it's obscuring detail.

How is it fraud? Surely altering images to obscure details constitutes fraud! Its not just lightening or contrast, it's actual brushing out details from the image. Probably the worst crime is how badly they cloned grass into the area they wanted deleted.

My sister sold her house last year and her agent photoshopped nice green grass in where there is just dirt.

Unless the agent stated that the image had been altered, that would constitute fraud in my book. Bit like seeing a Sony Bravia TV advertised and when you go to purchase it's a Kogan. "Hey, so we brushed it a bit"

How is it fraud? Surely altering images to obscure details constitutes fraud! Its not just lightening or contrast, it's actual brushing out details from the image. Probably the worst crime is how badly they cloned grass into the area they wanted deleted.

It would be a long bow to consider it fraud. Maybe Australian Consumer law, false and misleading advertising. but you know it is not a true reflection so you are not going to rely on it are you.

Not something I would do, but I wouldn't get put off buying it because of a messy backyard- landscaping can be fixed fairly cheaply, you might get cheaper price becuase of bad backyard and improve value by fixing it. Unless its a great big tree

The only case that I had heard of was where they photoshopped out transmissions lines - a couple of bushes is mere landscaping (unless of course they are a noxious weed or also removed the 44 gallon drum of DDT behind it).

Unless the agent stated that the image had been altered, that would constitute fraud in my book. Bit like seeing a Sony Bravia TV advertised and when you go to purchase it's a Kogan. "Hey, so we brushed it a bit"

Even in your scenario, its not fraud. Maybe bait advertising, but not fraud.

My advice is to get over it and focus on whether you want to secure the deal or not.

Have you inspected the property? If so the contract is 'as inspected' not 'as photographed'

Since you have clearly inspected the property (or how else did you find out things have changed) maybe the plant grew and died?

If they had removed the power lines in the backyard and photoshopped in a pool instead then I would say this is misleading advertising or maybe bait advertising.

However once you have inspected the property your contract is as inspected. Don't know what happens if you didn't inspect a property and bought off the pictures but I would not spend significant dollars without inspecting it before. Like buying a car I wouldn't buy from an online picture of it driving along the beach looking perfectly and when I do it my car ends up all dirty and complaining lol.

If they photoshoped out clutter or mess and made the pictures appear cleaner then it's okay. It's mis representation of they photoshop out power lines or a power pole or add objects that are not part of the sale. I would assume adding green grass is a no no unless he grass is a little dead and they just made it appear more healthy

No dildo deletion, lol, more like vegetation alteration. Er, bush removal, call it Brazilian wax on a yard. But surely it's illegal to brush out any detail whatsoever. This is not just contrast and brightness alteration, it's obscuring detail.

Hilarious posts

Is it possible at one point in time the grass was mown and garden maintained, and that was when the professional photographers were called in to take the photos. Or perhaps they were the photos commissioned by previous owners. But since then the current owners have let the garden go and have decided to use these old photos to present the property in the best light?

Back