When and where is the next Melbourne Meeting?

Hi all

I've wanted to come along to a Mebourne meeting for a few months now - seeing as I recently quit my job I now have the time to do it at last - can someone please tell me when and where it is?

Many thanks

Janie:)

Housemender said:
Hi all

I've wanted to come along to a Mebourne meeting for a few months now - seeing as I recently quit my job I now have the time to do it at last - can someone please tell me when and where it is?

Many thanks

Janie:)

Ahhhh..... as luck would have it.... it's the first month we are missing a meeting :(

However, keep your eyes peeled for the August meeting (Last Wedensday of the month) - most likely in Footscray :)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Hi Y-man,

Can I ask why there is no meeting this month? Are you all still recovering from the last one? :D I missed the last two and will be looking forward to the next one.

Cheers,
Ozi

Ahh damn!

Are there enough people interested to still have one this month? I have lots of spare time for once so would be happy to organise something if there's interest:confused:

No Meeting?

Ah!

Were busy renovating a unit in Frankston and were just about to post our apologies, as we've both taken a weeks anual leave to beak the back of it, but obviously there is no need.

Look forward to catching up next month.

ozi said:
Hi Y-man,

Can I ask why there is no meeting this month? Are you all still recovering from the last one? :D I missed the last two and will be looking forward to the next one.

Cheers,
Ozi

I'm going off to that seminar on the 2006 Budget effects on Super thing by Aus Unity.

Unfortunately, Manny is also tied up....

Cheers,

The Y-man

Housemender said:
Ahh damn!

Are there enough people interested to still have one this month? I have lots of spare time for once so would be happy to organise something if there's interest:confused:

Oh yes! A volunteeer! :)

Will happily attend if you organize (as long as it is not tonight....)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Rodney said:
When are the meetings?

We aim for the last Wednesday of every month - but this may vary. Keep your eye out on this forum for posts (with MIG - Melb Investor Group - in the topic)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Just wondering if there is any (general) preference of opinion between having a 'meeting' and having a 'dinner meeting'.

Judging by the last dinner at the Mitcham Pub, everyone felt welcome and comfortable, did a lot of mingling and no-one seemed to be out of a conversation for very long. Lots of new faces and a relaxed atmosphere.

I have only been to a few actual 'meetings' at the Swinburne facility, although I know that some participants go to every meeting and also cross town to the Footscray meetings as well (and vv).

I guess that a 'free meeting' may have the appeal of being 'free', but the cost of a dinner (which we have to eat, anyway) would be less than $20 per head and there's no feeling of 'gotta rush and eat before I go 'cos I've gotta get there by a certain time'.

As Y-Man and Manny have put a lot of effort into organising the meetings over the years, please don't think I am saying 'that doesn't suit me but meeting for dinner does', just that meeting in a pub doesn't necessarily imply drinking alcohol, the parking is on site and free, there is usually heating / cooling, there is usually public transport close by, and there are lots of places to choose from.

Plus, my social life has always been a bit on the skimpy side (all work and no play), it's fun to meet for dinner and get to talk about property, too!

There are also lots of places which can provide a separate room if there is any particular subject to discuss eg I went to Hampton RSL this evening, set menu plus tea & coffee for $20 per head, yes someone has to receive the money and make the booking but a separate room would only be necessary if there was going to be a 'speaker' for any reason or a 'question and answer' session.

If we got really creative we could nominate four places - North, South, East and West on a rotating basis but I don't know how to do a Poll but if I did (know how to do a Poll) perhaps a dinner / non-dinner meeting question and a general preferred direction choice, or to keep it Really Simple if someone said 'I'm going to Barnacle Bill's at Brighton phone 1234.5678 on Wednesday 28th so please ring Bill's if you are coming. See you there!'

Just a thought but after a while everyone gets busy and if this is left to the same people (Y-Man, Manny) to organise each month it means that they always get left holding the heavy end!

Cheers

Kristine

I have never been to property meeting before but i think it would be a great idea to move then around melbourne.

How many people go to these evenings? I think dinner would be a great idea.

Hi All,

I am very interested in the next meeting.

Is there a set subject for each meeting, is their any formality to the meeting??

How does the night pan out?

Here is an idea :D

Make a sticky post for all of the states that have these meetings. When a meeting is organized, put a post in the sticky post and everybody who has "subscibed" to the post will get an email :)

GG

Gordon Gekko said:
Here is an idea :D

Make a sticky post for all of the states that have these meetings. When a meeting is organized, put a post in the sticky post and everybody who has "subscibed" to the post will get an email :)

GG

Or even better just look at the calendar.......all meetings are in there. Or if people are too lazy to do that, just look at the bottom of the forum home page.....the upcoming meetings for the next week show up there.

Ruby :)

Gordon Gekko said:
Hi All,
Is there a set subject for each meeting, is their any formality to the meeting??
GG

Usually - No. Which disappoints some who would like a bit of structure, but it's just a friendly get together to catch up and chat :)

Cheers,

The Y-man

I was going to offer to do one of the workshops I am to run for the CPA/ANZ Bank at say the October meeting.

Currently the MoneyMinded Workshops through the CPA are in pilot phase, there are 6 workshops and I could run any one of them. The ANZ supplies a free folder and calculator for each participant. We are not allowed to talk about the ANZ, as the workshops are part of the Financial Literacy program currently being pushed by the Govt. It is really aimed at people with little or no knowledge of finance. However, saying that, I think it would be good to get our Melbourne SS members input, to add for when I go back to RMIT for the evaluation phase. Some of the activites are fun and its good to reinforce the how to save strategies that we talk about.

I will be overseas in September (yes again....3rd time in 11 months, its a hard life but someone has to do it) which is why I was offering to run one in October (or November)

What do the other members think???

Chris :D

Back