When is enough?

Happiness is a state not a destination and not linked to anything external. Happiness is present time - in the now and required for further growth.

Money can be (but not always) a reflection of growth and expansion so when is enough? Never! A person, plant, animal that stops reaching out and expanding will die!

Gratitude for what you have now is also present time and needed for further growth.

When do you have enough health? When do you have enough happiness when you say - ok enough now leave some health for others? Never because like wealth all things related to growth are abundant! - unless off course you believe in scarcity and driven by guilt and not happiness.

Money does not make you happy but happy makes you money!

whatever you have when you hit about 45. after that your life is pretty much over and there isn't much point striving too hard because you could drop dead any day anyway. Plus there is nothing attractive about a grey haired Ferrari driver

Happiness? Having plenty of money, a flash car, not working, a cool house, plenty of chicks, meditating everyday to find innerpeace and avoiding a materialistic, self centred life. Very important that.

whatever you have when you hit about 45. after that your life is pretty much over and there isn't much point striving too hard because you could drop dead any day anyway. Plus there is nothing attractive about a grey haired Ferrari driver

Oh man - that means I've only got another 13 years :-(

plenty of chicks

Is this enough?

cute3.jpg

My life priorities, in order:

1. Optimise happiness and wellbeing
2. Remain fit and healthy (physically and mentally)
3. Solve the money issue

I have given enormous focus to the happiness thing. In fact, my life revolves around extracting as much happiness and wellbeing from each moment as I possibly can. Every other aspect of my existence is, at best, a secondary consideration, including wealth creation.

For me:

Get happy first.

Be healthy second.

Then create options via wealth.

This is depressing, we may as well all slit our wrist at 45.

My life priorities, in order:

1. Optimise happiness and wellbeing
2. Remain fit and healthy (physically and mentally)
3. Solve the money issue

I have given enormous focus to the happiness thing. In fact, my life revolves around extracting as much happiness and wellbeing from each moment as I possibly can. Every other aspect of my existence is, at best, a secondary consideration, including wealth creation.

For me:

Get happy first.

Be healthy second.

Then create options via wealth.

Get happy first, so you are happy now? What makes you happy?

you must be a lot of fun at parties

Am I dead yet?

OMG, I wished I had of known that, I must stop doing those 5kms in the mornings and buying IPs at age 64. I was going to implement Peastman's philosophy of selling an IP every 2 or 3 years, I might as well chuck it in and lay down with a nice cup of tea and a biscuit..

LS

Over 100 years old and hopefully not as relevant but depressing anyway:
"The man who is a pessimist before 48 knows too much;if he is an optimist after he knows too little."
Mark Twain

I can never find a pulse when doing those First Aid courses. I must certainly be dead.

What happened to "Life starts at 40"?

Perhaps it's not about the person with the most money, but being happy with what you have..?.

I see it all the time when I go camping out in the bush,all some people over 45:rolleyes: have is the campervan living on the sitdown money,and maybe 20 cents in the back pocket and very very happy,"Wealthy is Meaingless" and would be very hard to scale out or measure when you look at people that have very little compared to some one with a lot,and on antidepressant medication ,and from what I read there seems to be more suicides from loss of financial or social status then when you turn up after 45 for a bad medical :) diagnoses...

I see it all the time when I go camping out in the bush,all some people over 45:rolleyes: have is the campervan living on the sitdown money,and maybe 20 cents in the back pocket and very very happy,

Of course they're happy. They're out and about living the life they want to live, not sitting in a cubicle at a job they hate, watching every dollar (can't go buy a coffee, I need to save the $3!), dreaming about a 100K passive income they, statistically speaking, have no chance of attaining.

Back