When is the next SIG meeting?

I had been wondering the same thing, Julie.

I just assumed it was getting close to Xmas and the lack of free nights for people to attend.

This is a good opportunity to mention how grateful we are for the organisers taking the time to arrange any SIG meets :)

Regards,

Kenny

Well, I am all for a Xmas get together. There are only 2 Mondays availbale between now and Xmas (discounting Monday the 4th)

So its either the 11th or the 18th both of which I have available.

Cheers

Well, I am all for a Xmas get together. There are only 2 Mondays availbale between now and Xmas (discounting Monday the 4th)

So its either the 11th or the 18th both of which I have available.

Cheers

Sorry Handyandy, but aren't Sigs usually on Tuesdays.

I was wondering when the next one was going to be too. It has been tooooo long since the last one.

Sorry Handyandy, but aren't Sigs usually on Tuesdays.

I was wondering when the next one was going to be too. It has been tooooo long since the last one.
Thats how long its been. I can't even remember the night of the week:eek:

Regardless only 2 available before Xmas.

Cheers

I have been entrenched in a new job since October, and the shifts are all over the place making it quite difficult.
Also have had about 4 different possible presenters all say no - such as Bill Zheng, John Fitzgerald and some others. Its obviously not worth their time to present free to people. Others like Dale, Michael Yardney , Ed Chan/Tony Melvin (and of course fellow forumites) have been generous in their time and expense but some are not so generous (see above) - despite many many attempts to try and fit in with their very busy schedules.
It is getting harder and harder to find people - indeed without the help of Chris Horsfall I would be getting no-one.
At this point in time we may have a guest in February. I am trying for another in January (will see how it goes).

Perhaps we should use this thread to ask people opinions on people they would like me to try and get. I will do my best.

As far as a Christmas get togther - Handy Andy has suggested this. Sounds like a good idea - any suggestions on where?
David

G'day Perky,

As far as a Christmas get together - Handy Andy has suggested this. Sounds like a good idea - any suggestions on where?
Why not continue to use "the usual" (Roxbury, isn't it?) and just have a Xmas get-together. I'd like to just "catch up" with others, even without a regular presenter, and just enjoy a Xmas party.

As an alternative, we've played Cashflow there before (I have one game) - why not just have a Cashflow night, a few drinks, and a chin-wag? Or, just a few drinks and a chin-wag!!

Whatever happens, Perky, THANK YOU for the time you've put in over the last year or so in keeping SIG up and running. Your blood should be bottled (in the NICEST possible way of course :D)

Regards,

G'day Perky,

Why not continue to use "the usual" (Roxbury, isn't it?) and just have a Xmas get-together. I'd like to just "catch up" with others, even without a regular presenter, and just enjoy a Xmas party.

As an alternative, we've played Cashflow there before (I have one game) - why not just have a Cashflow night, a few drinks, and a chin-wag? Or, just a few drinks and a chin-wag!!

Whatever happens, Perky, THANK YOU for the time you've put in over the last year or so in keeping SIG up and running. Your blood should be bottled (in the NICEST possible way of course :D)

Regards,
Great suggestions from Les. One of the best parts of the SIG is just catching up with other investors. Why not just have a bit of a party. You could save the casflow night for another month when you are having difficulty getting a presenter.:D

How 'bout Tuesday 12 December at the Roxbury just for a Xmas get together? No speaker or agenda - just festive cheer!

Is that possible Perky? Do we need to book?

Julie

How 'bout Tuesday 12 December at the Roxbury just for a Xmas get together?
Perky, if this can be arranged, count me in !! We maybe don't even need a room - just rock up and take over the place :D But if we DO want our own private area, I'm happy to stump up a few $$

Regards,

Yep, I'd love the opportunity to just chat to other investors.

Tuesday 12th sounds great to me too !!

Thanks for all your help this year Perky !!!

Hi All

I reckon it would be great to just have a social evening and maybe one or 2 cash flow games for those who need a focal point. The 12th sounds good to me.

Cheers

PS David, my offer still stands;)

I think a somersoft christmas party sounds good. If we have numbers then im sure something can be organised surely. Will be fun!
It should be an annual thing even!!! something to put on the calender!
A posible venue: someones vacant IP????

Let me get back to you all - Dec 12th , I am actually working eveing shift...
however Tuesday 19th I knock off at around 7pm - so that could be a goer.
Will need to check availability with the pub for both dates as well.
I will find out tomorrow arvo.

David

PS Thanks Les for your kind words.

PPS Thanks Andreas for your kind offer ;)

G'day Perky,
Dec 12th , I am actually working eveing shift... however Tuesday 19th I knock off at around 7pm - so that could be a goer.
Will need to check availability with the pub for both dates as well.
Errkkkk!! For me, the later it gets, the less chance I'll be in Sydney - but not sure yet (just opened megotiations with my boss today...)

Hey, Perky, any chance you can swap shifts and stick to the 12th? If not, no wuzza's - but I HAD to ask :D Please feel free to ignore .... but do we HAVE to stick to Tuesdays? For me pre-16th is better, and available most nights.

Regards,

Both dates are available.
If we go for the 12th, they would need numbers by this Friday. So we would be cutting it a bit fine (and I cant go!!).
The 19th would not be in our normal room - but off to the left at the top of the stairs. However is available.
Here are the packages - $10 , $15 or $20 per person.
http://www.roxbury.com.au/?pageuri=functions_food

Probably the $15 one sounds good - what do you guys think?

I would think 1900 would be a good time.

Now all we need are numbers....

So what do guys think?

BTW - Debbie, if you want to bring some of those cakes, thats ok. The pub will alsoi supply an urn.

Also, perhaps some people can bring a gamae of Cashflow if they feel like it...

hi perky
count me in
just give me the date so I can work around it
would be great to meet up gets away from the numbers all the time.
and handy was shouting me a beer.
as I am a new investor and need a mentor.

Hi Perky

We can't make the 19th. Like Les, that week is a bit crazy for us.

Anyway, if we miss this one we'll catch everyone in the new year when we have become Sydney residents again!

Thanks for organising
Cheers
Julie

12th would be better for us.

HSC results come out on the morning of 19th and chances are that are daughter won't be interested in spending the night at home with her younger brother ..... :rolleyes: Hard to get baby sitters this time of the year.

See Change

Back