When is your "time to spend"?

On topic
When to spend?
same rule as investing.... when it value adds.

Cars don't do it for me, no value add. Don't care so don't spend.

But...

limited time to travel and holiday.
I go business class, can hit the ground running from day one and on the way back ...stretch out, sleep properly and back to work with no jetlag.

Business class is total value add for me.

So it all depends on your priorities. Don't feel guilty with an expensive car/restauraunts and listen to others extolling the virtues of toasted cheese sandwiches on the couch and a 15 year old skateboard.

As long as you are paying yourself first with a reasonable plan for a rainy day... value add to your life, its all about the journey

What do you do?
Why is it so unpredictable?

I am going to remain quite non-specific but the broad priniciples contributing to the uncertainty of my small business is that it depends on very specific referrals from a small group of people, increasing competition in my field, fluctuating demand, economic climate, the amount of personal labour I can give - basically many factors beyond my control. I guess that this can describe any small business but the underlying feature is that I cannot be sure of a guaranteed income of a certain amount from year to year.

I am going to remain quite non-specific but the broad priniciples contributing to the uncertainty of my small business is that it depends on very specific referrals from a small group of people, increasing competition in my field, fluctuating demand, economic climate, the amount of personal labour I can give - basically many factors beyond my control. I guess that this can describe any small business but the underlying feature is that I cannot be sure of a guaranteed income of a certain amount from year to year.

Gigolo?

You're really a Calvin Kline model aren't you, you womanizer you.

I got it in one guess!

You should pick another set of traffic lights china maybe move over the other side of the harbour into Vaucluse or Rose Bay?

C'mon, tell us China, we all want to know what you do.

I lay pavers and build all ya outdoory stuff and also some photography on the side.

Your turn.....

Meth distributor?

I don't want to spend money on material stuff. It gives me no real comfort or happiness. I want financial security and quality time with my family and friends. Time to pursue my own interests without someone else telling me what to do.

When I have enough to give me that, it will be my "time to spend".

Unfortunately not for me. My earnings have varied from 200k to 1.4mil gross and it is quite unpredictable from year to year so I cannot project where I will be next year let alone 5 years. All I know is that I need to grow savings from year to year so that my net asset position is increasing.
If my income was between $200k and $1.4mill I would (given what I now know) be so rich now it would be scary.

What the hell are you doing if you aren't, given all your house equity, cash, knowledge from being here, and tight-arzed approach to life.

You should be rolling in it, for god's sake.

Get a bloody move on.

So you operate a practice, not a business?

So you operate a practice, not a business?

Yes, as I alluded to earlier, the business depends solely on my personal labour so more of a job/practice rather than a pure business wherein the latter one could walk away and still earn. Unfortunately, I am in the former wherein if I left , there would be absolutely nothing. But still, I am not that far from the end point so I continue the job/practice.

If my income was between $200k and $1.4mill I would (given what I now know) be so rich now it would be scary.

What the hell are you doing if you aren't, given all your house equity, cash, knowledge from being here, and tight-arzed approach to life.

You should be rolling in it, for god's sake.

Get a bloody move on.

Agreed and am in the process of doing so.

Yes, as I alluded to earlier, the business depends solely on my personal labour so more of a job/practice rather than a pure business wherein the latter one could walk away and still earn. Unfortunately, I am in the former wherein if I left , there would be absolutely nothing. But still, I am not that far from the end point so I continue the job/practice.

But surely you are replaceable, everyone is replaceable, well almost anyone.
In regards to your comment about the businss depending solely on your personal labour.

Im leaning towards Gigolo now.....;)

"end point" has me a bit baffled though.....????:confused:

Back