When she earns more than him

Interesting article in today's FR about divorce where the woman earns more . Seems that not many relationships survive when this becomes the case .

The author talks of a divorced friend who no longer knew what her husband was for as he neither earned much money nor showed much desire to help out at home .

It also mentions that in the US a quarter of wives now earn more than their husbands . Here in Australia the percentage would likely be lower than 10% wouldn't it ?

High earning women seem to have a hard time finding a husband and when they do he is five times as likely to be unfaithful as other husbands . The woman will probably do more than her share of chores and in the unusual event that he starts ironing and cooking , he is likely to feel so emasculated that he goes right off sex !

That's the best motivation to not do ironing that I ever heard ....

How many couples make it work with her earning more do you know ?

Get over it. Suck up that ego or q!$$ off.

You're in a relationship, money and assets are joint. Share.

Why aren't women the same way? More accepting? Time to grow some cahoonas boyz.

I don't think 'house chores' has to do anything with earning capacity. It is about how much time each person has.

My three best friends all earn more than their husbands and always have and have very strong and realistic marriages heading towards 15/20 years.

In one of these, the husband hasn't been able to work for 2 or 3 years because he's 50-ish and doesn't have any quals. Yet his wife, my friend, has a PhD in physics - solar panels.

Don't believe everything you read in the mags!

My wife earned (a little) more than me for a number of years. It had no effect on our marriage that I could tell. I now earn nearly double what she does, and that has had no effect either.

My husband and I earn roughly the same - Some years I earn more than him and vice versa (maybe 5k difference)

We dont share.

We pay an agreed amount into a joint account for bills, however we each keep the balance of our pay and can do what we like with it. He saves and I look at houses.

I am not married (maybe because we spend wedding money on IPs) but my partner earns a lot more than me.

I am part time freelance work from home, part time studying, part time renovating, part time property investing.

I love the freedom to do what I need to do whenever I need it.

I do the washing / cooking / shopping mostly. But that's it's easier for me. We do the cleaning together. Mostly it just works out well to maximise our free time.

Her earning more has never been an issue.

Well my wife earns more than me the last few years as I have not been able to work but currently looking,this has no affect on our marriage and am happy to say we have been married now 32 years and still as good from the day we said I do,money is not everything,health,compassion,communication and love are the real keys to success I say.
Cheers

I too know loads of ladies who earn more than their husbands.

Growing up in an area where most of the boys were tradies and the girls were secretaries.

30 odd years down the track that has seen a lot of (now) Executive assistants married to tradies. Yes most of those tradies now work for themselves, but , boy, do those girls EARN!!

Within my group of acquaintances, the divorce rate is no different to the average regardless of earnings.

I earned more than hubby for the first few years, then I stayed home with the kids. Now we work together in our business. All money has always been pooled for the good of the family. There is no his/hers money, it's all ours. I manage the business and all investments and finances, he lifts heavy things :D

My wife earned (a little) more than me for a number of years. It had no effect on our marriage that I could tell. I now earn nearly double what she does, and that has had no effect either.

Same same. My wife has only just returned to work, very part time, after the birth of our first child last year. When she was working full time, she earned more than I did and it didn't effect our marriage.

Just as it doesn't now that I earn the majority of household income.

Get over it. Suck up that ego or q!$$ off.

You're in a relationship, money and assets are joint. Share.

Why aren't women the same way? More accepting? Time to grow some cahoonas boyz.

It's not the men that have the issue (aside from feeling emasculated), it's women and their hypergamous nature that is the problem.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...g-wives-ditch-men-em-em-wanted-stay-home.html

Despite all the talk about 'equality' women want a man they can look up to, not eye to eye or down on. It is in their biology to find a man that can provide and protect. Now, it is the rare woman that would openly admit that, but hey the evidence speaks for itself.

I earn more than my partner. Neither he nor I have any problem with that. I cannot envisage it will become a problem in the future either. We do a combo of shared assests and some of our "own money" each. Works for us.

It's not the men that have the issue (aside from feeling emasculated), it's women and their hypergamous nature that is the problem.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...g-wives-ditch-men-em-em-wanted-stay-home.html

Despite all the talk about 'equality' women want a man they can look up to, not eye to eye or down on. It is in their biology to find a man that can provide and protect. Now, it is the rare woman that would openly admit that, but hey the evidence speaks for itself.

Hilarious!!

Perhaps your signature explains all...

I earned more than hubby for the first few years, then I stayed home with the kids. Now we work together in our business. All money has always been pooled for the good of the family. There is no his/hers money, it's all ours. I manage the business and all investments and finances, he lifts heavy things :D

This pretty much mirrors our married life too (but we don't have a business). When hubby did occasionally have one whole day with the kids, he would say to me "I never want to do this every day". He was always happy to be the breadwinner whilst I stayed home with the kids. He reckoned I had the harder job by far :D.

Back