Where are Australia?s next property hot spots? - according to RateCity

Streaky Bay and Augusta I really don't see going anywhere.

Chidlow might be in higher demand now since a couple of suburbs near it burnt down and they'll be looking for somewhere to live. Maybe a chidlow person was responsible :cool:

Aside from those, and Coffs Harbor, I have no idea where the rest even are. Was this guy just throwing darts at a dart board marked with place names?

I've heard of Corryong. It is at the base of the Snowy Mountains and they were trying to sell off a few blocks when I was there about ten years ago. I couldn't for the life of me understand why anyone who is employed would want a new house at least four or five hours away from a place of employment in Victoria. Not when you could get gorgeous period homes there.

I'd be extremely interested to know why Lindeman thinks Streaky Bay is meant to be one of the best performing areas in the country.

I'm surprised to see Young on the list. Can't see what would be driving that. DHs from there and whenever we see his family it looks like nothing has changed.

It would be interesting to see (like everyone else has said) what criteria he uses to justify the hot spots...there are workshop dates on some of his other websites.

I'd be extremely interested to know why Lindeman thinks Streaky Bay is meant to be one of the best performing areas in the country.

?Our approach is to use only leading indicators to forecast renter and buyer demand trends, such as current media asking rents, current rental vacancies, current median asking prices, estimated current media selling prices, plus current sales and listings which we aggregate from publicly advertised property listings and rental vacancies.?

What about land shortages, distance to cbd, shopping, schools, transport, development in the area, government/council activity, zoning etc

Weird criteria gives weird spots, I want to know who actually based their investment decision on these hot spot recommendations

I really can not understand any of these predictions. Augusta.... really:rolleyes:

Aaron
I am with you on Hammy Hill, its going ballistic at the moment, not to mention the surrounding areas.

My family have a number of properties in Moggill. It's about 18k west of Brisbane CBD. Most blocks are large with large houses. It's a fast developing area made up mainly of young families or upgraders. I can understand why it may be a hot spot.

How does one get to the city from Moggill these days? It used to always be along Moggill Rd and then through Kenmore, dreadful road.

has anything been put in place to handle the traffic in recent times?

Moggill is a beautiful place.

Lynbrook. Near Cranbourne. Cheap first homebuyer area. Cris-crossed by high voltage power pylons. Further from the CBD than Frankston and no beach. New train station opened a little while ago which is probably why it got on the list.

Lynbrook. Near Cranbourne. Cheap first homebuyer area. Cris-crossed by high voltage power pylons. Further from the CBD than Frankston and no beach. New train station opened a little while ago which is probably why it got on the list.

I laughed when I saw Lynbrook...

Streaky bay, was there a couple of years ago, saw a shark at the beach nearby.

Very close to Smoky Bay, my ex-GF family owns 25 km of coastline there, and from memory there was a desal plant there. If Smoky Bay does in fact grow, i'll be making a call to the ex to re-connect.

Last edited:
Back