Where did it go?

The site has 'low income' written all over it though. IMHO low income is $20k a year so that's only $60k a year in rental income ;) You could make that much off a $600k investment though, not multimillion.

What is 'low income' anyway?

I welcome any other feed-back.

- your spelling of "whether" is still incorrect (wheather).

- "nobody" doesn't have a hyphen.

- $19.95 is too much, i think $8.95 is better.

- why call your website something positive like "want2bewealthy" when the page is called something negative like "the pauper's guide"?
Why not call it "want to be wealthy?".

- if your name is David Evans and you own the domain "want2bewealthy.com" it expired 5 days ago and you should renew it. If it isn't you, then think about registering it now before David renews it.

- your home page needs more work to make it look more functional and aesthetically pleasing.

It was a good first try though :)

Good point Rumple.
Although $20,000 is classed as "poverty line", not "low"
But still, if you were used to living on this wage, then tripling that would be quite good. And we all know wealth grows exponentially.

The site has 'low income' written all over it though. IMHO low income is $20k a year so that's only $60k a year in rental income ;) You could make that much off a $600k investment though, not multimillion.

What is 'low income' anyway?

Thank you Shuggy :)
I will take a look into these points you raise.

Although my book title is not going to change but you are entitled to your own opinions.
Thanks again.

- your spelling of "whether" is still incorrect (wheather).

- "nobody" doesn't have a hyphen.

- $19.95 is too much, i think $8.95 is better.

- why call your website something positive like "want2bewealthy" when the page is called something negative like "the pauper's guide"?
Why not call it "want to be wealthy?".

- if your name is David Evans and you own the domain "want2bewealthy.com" it expired 5 days ago and you should renew it. If it isn't you, then think about registering it now before David renews it.

- your home page needs more work to make it look more functional and aesthetically pleasing.

Good point Rumple.
Although $20,000 is classed as "poverty line", not "low"
But still, if you were used to living on this wage, then tripling that would be quite good. And we all know wealth grows exponentially.

Also, if you could make that from a $600,000 investment you've done very well! Considering that you managed to pay off the property in full on $20,000PA.

Thank you Shuggy :)
I will take a look into these points you raise.

Although my book title is not going to change but you are entitled to your own opinions.
Thanks again.

You're welcome, but if you're going to keep the same book title (The Pauper's Guide) maybe you should also register the same domain name and have both domains pointing to the same site. I also think Want2beWealthy sounds more positive (it's also a question) than The Pauper's Guide which sounds like a "how to" guide about living like a cheapass. No offence intended :)

Haven't yet. Stuck getting the next loan (we're short a bit on the downpayment to get it to 60% unless I get a generous valuer)

But can build a house for about $100k that'll return $15k PA, which is a good start. Or we could rent out our place owing $80k for $10k PA. One owing $25k gets rented out for $6k PA today if they don't stand me up, and this will be my very first foray into the realm of landlordism.

Then do much the same again - build for $150k (one above is cheaper because the land was free) and rent for $15k PA. Or just fish around until you find positively geared ones also at < $150k each. There's heaps out there, but the last one I tried to email about (I desperately need a 4br house at the moment) the agent is one of those ones that doesn't do email so apparently I need to call them :mad: The only problem with this strategy is keeping below 60% LVR. I actually only want 2 IPs in the long term (one regional, one city) so this is all hypothetical but I think I'm going to be stuck with this extra rural one.

Dunno why more people don't try to positively gear ...

Also, if you could make that from a $600,000 investment you've done very well! Considering that you managed to pay off the property in full on $20,000PA.

20K per annum from 600k investment is not really good at all. thats like 3.3% yield, you can get more then that from a savings account................

Whoops sorry, the original poster said $60,000 for $600,000 asset. Just to clear up

What I mean is, If you only earned $20,000 per annum, but your investment returned $60k

Cheers!

20K per annum from 600k investment is not really good at all. thats like 3.3% yield, you can get more then that from a savings account................

Back