Where do you expect the East coast Capital city market to be in 3 years time.

Where do you expect the " market " to be in three years time

• I have been investing in IP's for more than 5 years - less than 5 % rise

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • I have been investing in IP's for more than 5 years - 5-20 % rise

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • I have been investing in IP's for more than 5 years - 20 - 50 % rise

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • I have been investing in IP's for more than 5 years - > 50 % rise

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • No IP's or investing in IP's for less than 5 years - less than 5 % rise

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • No IP's or investing in IP's for less than 5 years - 5-20 % rise

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • No IP's or investing in IP's for less than 5 years - 20 - 50 % rise

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • No IP's or investing in IP's for less than 5 years - > 50 % rise

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it will be a 20 to 50% rise. there'll be bumps and scares along the way but China will still need what we have to sell. My little 2 bedroom aparments in randwick will be worth over a million dollars each!:eek:

it will be a 20 to 50% rise. there'll be bumps and scares along the way but China will still need what we have to sell. My little 2 bedroom aparments in randwick will be worth over a million dollars each!:eek:

If you are right. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

agree ausprop. I'm just referring to sydney, and only specific locales close to the CBD and beaches. It really wouldn't amaze me to see a standard but well maintained 80 square meter apartment in a block < 10 units and walking distance to shops and beach go for $1m.... Randwick/Clovelly :)

agree ausprop. I'm just referring to sydney, and only specific locales close to the CBD and beaches. It really wouldn't amaze me to see a standard but well maintained 80 square meter apartment in a block < 10 units and walking distance to shops and beach go for $1m.... Randwick/Clovelly :)
I am considering selling my apartment in Sydney in this area (Coogee Beach, owned it for 20 years) and have made sales enquiries already.... would the consensus at the moment be better to wait a little ? The current appraisal seems very high & I couldn?t see much further upside but then I don?t live in Sydney anymore. I?m more afraid of a significant downward correction and don?t want to chase a dropping market, better to sell near the peak.

I am considering selling my apartment in Sydney in this area (Coogee Beach, owned it for 20 years) and have made sales enquiries already.... would the consensus at the moment be better to wait a little ? The current appraisal seems very high & I couldn?t see much further upside but then I don?t live in Sydney anymore. I?m more afraid of a significant downward correction and don?t want to chase a dropping market, better to sell near the peak.

Hi Joe - a shitty unrenovated 2 bedroom unit in kensington sold for $696,000 this weekend. check it out on smh.com.au Its a great time to sell imo but if you don't need the money I would hold on. 700K will become the 2 bedroom unit benchmark in eastern suburbs I reckon.. too many people going to university these days and lots of foreign students :)) I have a 24 year old lawyer in one of my randwick abodes, she earns 56K a year, and pays me $580 a week, or at least her parents do... :eek:

Hi JoeE
I would definitely hold on yet, its still early days with Sydney, I think Syd have plenty of upside yet.

MTR

Hi JoeE
I would definitely hold on yet, its still early days with Sydney, I think Syd have plenty of upside yet.

MTR

not as much as other cities tho, because Sydney is the first horse out of the gates, but if you are already in there then the transaction costs are too much to move

Hard to say but consider the simple path,ive seen property prices go nowhere for 5-8 years 2 times in my investing life and depending when the money tap is turned back,but no one ever looks at the invisible histories..less then 5%..

Back