Where is Evan?

Last I heard was sitting on a bench somewhere in Canberra licking his wounds.

Lol, left leaning.....so left leaning he was never gonna be right!

Bad luck ole mate, thems the breaks.

What goes around comes around.

I missed his points of view. It'd be a sorry forum if it was just made up of a bunch of right wing nutters. It would also be a sad place if it was full of commies. We need some balance.

He seemed to have a balanced view on shares and property and experience in both and probably just enjoying his spoils.

He had his beliefs and he wasn't afraid to voice them even when he was in the extreme minority and had 20 other members yelling him down.

He seemed like a nice guy. I remember when I was new here and someone called me some unflattering words and Evan was the first to stick up for the newbie. These days I can hold my own :D

He spiced things up around here, but he's moved onto greener pastures. Good for him.

Got sick of the same old suspects turning otherwise civil discussions into personal attacks and playing the man, not the game I imagine.

He was good for posing interesting questions and challenging the dominate ideas.

Somebody asked earlier this year what happened to Evan. He'd be chuffed that his disappearance is playing on people's minds. I think wrote back then that I suspect he just came to the conclusion that swimming against the tide on an internet forum wasn't worth the aggravation.
I see Evan occasionally - our daughters are best mates. He's a decent, clever, articulate bloke who has done okay for himself. He supports the aspirations of the political left, as do I. But we both live in Sydney's inner west, so that's not surprising.

Got sick of the same old suspects turning otherwise civil discussions into personal attacks and playing the man, not the game I imagine.

He was good for posing interesting questions and challenging the dominate ideas.

I beg your pardon, Evand was just as guilty of insults as anyone you may care to mention or indicate. He was also one of your "same old suspects".

So it's ok to challenge the dominating ideas now is it?;)

Ev was good at all of the above, don't you worry.

He was fun :D; I was surprised he took his bat and ball and went home - thought he was thicker skinned.

Maybe got bored?

I was surprised he took his bat and ball and went home - thought he was thicker skinned.

I think it was pretty much exit stage left, along with all of his beloved Labor mates who all bailed, off to that great union hall in the sky. Think about it. The last 12 months has seen a mass exodus the likes of which Australia has never seen before.

Simply shell shocked that the majority of Australians thought his ideology and beliefs were a crock. He really thought Labor could regroup and would win the election.

This time last year...we had ;

Labor Polly..........Cabinet Minister Title................Status Now

Julia Gillard.............Prime Minister..........................Completely gone
Kevin Rudd..............Prime & Foreign.......................Completely gone
Bob Carr..................Foreign...................................Completely gone
Stephen Smith..........Foreign and Defence.................Completely gone
Nicola Roxon............Attorney General......................Completely gone
Martin Ferguson........Resources & Energy..................Completely gone
Craig Emerson..........Saddled with 7.........................Completely gone
Greg Combet............Climate Change.......................Completely gone
Simon Crean.............Regional & Local Govt..............Completely gone
Peter Garrett............School Education......................Completely gone
Harry Jenkins........... Former Speaker.......................Completely gone
Rob McClelland.........Former Attorney General............Completely gone

That is a simply extra-ordinary list of Federal Cabinet Ministers who in 1 short year have all disappeared. The country has never seen anything like it.

Maaaate.......when you're 100% barracking for your team like evand was and not only do they get slaughtered, but they all run away.....forever, well.

I imagine evand and his Sussex St mates are all sitting in some drafty old union hall crying in their soup, scratching their head wondering why they got kicked out.

Most, like their slimy mates Windsor and Oakeshott ran away before they had to face the music.

After what they did to the country, damn right it was personal. We'll all be cleaning up their mess for decades to come.

Back