Where is the residential Building cycle currently at?

I?m wondering if those in the know can answer or where the best source of an answer would be regarding

At what part of the clock / cycle is the building industry at?

ie: is it on the up, or down ? would building costs / quotes from builders be lower or higher at the moment?.

Am I best to build NOW or wait a year or 2?. when costs may be cheaper?

Much Thanks

I?m wondering if those in the know can answer or where the best source of an answer would be regarding

At what part of the clock / cycle is the building industry at?

ie: is it on the up, or down ? would building costs / quotes from builders be lower or higher at the moment?.

Am I best to build NOW or wait a year or 2?. when costs may be cheaper?

Much Thanks

Hi,

Don't take this the wrong way but you have just joined the forum and are asking very general questions that have no definite answer.

As a suggestion ... if you provide some details about yourself, what you are trying to achieve and where you think the market is at you may get get some useful replies

Ive been working with home builders for quite a while now, and I havent noticed building costs drop.

Builders are basically logistics companies, they pull together trades people materials and drafting/engineering. Builders just add a margin and pass on the cost. Some builders buy market share by either sqeezing their suppliers or reducing their profit margins, but this doesnt make a huge diference to the price paid on the end product.

Back