Where to buy 1bedroom unit Sydney 350k PPOR close to CBD

Hi Guys

Im based in Melbourne and will be moving up to sydney. Looking to buy a unit have about 350k 1 bedder, ideally would not want to pay strata or minimal, so a small block of units, using public transport close to train stations not too far from the CBD in a good location.

I figure for that price I cant get much and you have to go way out? like Paramatta, lakemba. What do you guys think of these suburbs, anyone have recommendations.

Cheers!

I'd agree that at that price, you would probably be pushed out of most of the inner west. Might manage to get something cheap, but would be sub 50m2. You could try areas like Campsie/Lakemba/Canterbury?

dagg3r;1119767.....I figure for that price I cant get much and you have to go way out? like Paramatta said:
You really need $400K for a 1bedder in the Inner West as a miniumm (and many are around $500K), although there are some around on main road positions for less than that. I saw one recently for $300K on Frederick St Ashfield.

In the Parramatta area - Guildford, Merrylands (not West Merrylands!), Granville and surrounds you can get a 2brm spacious unit with LUG for that budget. We've been buying top floor units in 15yr old 3 storey walkups for $330-370K throughout last year there.

I'm guessing you'll be working in the CBD?

You would pick up a studio in the inner west for $350K, but not a one bedder.

Have a look at Campsie. Train to the city from there would be 25 minutes. Great food around Campsie - Asian area.

There are some pretty ordinary parts of Campsie - unit ghettos - but there are also some good bits.

anyone else feel prices are getting quite ridiculous?

At the very least, the quality of the property you can buy for half a million these days is questionable...

We need serious development and building deregulation particularly on the local government/council front imo to increase supply dramatically and grow Sydney suburbs to a state where it can actually justify the high prices...

You might find a studio in the shore apartments in artarmon at that price.

Low $400's for a one bedroom in Lane Cove.

Have a look around Meadowbank, West Ryde or North Ryde.

I bought a 1 bedroom unit in Bondi junction for 399k. But that was back in 2011 but just goes to show there are bargains out there. The day it was listed on the internet was the same day I paid the 10% deposit. You gotta be quick

Back