Where to buy 650K in Sydney

I'm looking to buy my first home to live in. Few details about me

• Living in Sydney and looking at buying around 650K
  • Married and 1 kid ( 4 years and need to go to primary school in 2 years)
  • Currently renting
  • Paying 2200 rent per month(Happy owner). Have been paying for 2 years now
  • Stable income around 130K
  • Wife Not working
  • Have deposit of 65K

Looking to buy with the following criteria

• House
  • Budget of 650K
  • 45 mins to central
  • Good primary public school
  • 5 mins walk to school
  • 5/10 mins walk to station

Currently looking at Girraween/Toongabie/PendleHills/Quakers hill. Which other suburbs you folks suggest?

I

Currently looking at Girraween/Toongabie/PendleHills/Quakers hill. Which other suburbs you folks suggest?

Not sure if you'd manage to get a decent house in Girraween, Pendle Hill or Toongabbie for that price. A lot of competition and lack of good stock IMO.

How have you found the market so far?

Try looking for townhouses, villa and duplexes in the suburbs you mentioned. Good stocks in those suburbs are listed at 650k+ but sold at more than that.
Check blacktown, marayong, doonside and Quakers hill as well.

How about Kings Langley?

As I work in the city, it involves a commute through blacktown/seven hills and catch a bus back to kingslangley. Do you guys think its safe?

Try looking for townhouses, villa and duplexes in the suburbs you mentioned. Good stocks in those suburbs are listed at 650k+ but sold at more than that.

How about Kings Langley?

As I work in the city, it involves a commute through blacktown/seven hills and catch a bus back to kingslangley. Do you guys think its safe?

Err... yeah.

I grew up there back when it was ghetto. It's fine.

It may seem rough if you grew up in say. Paddington.

How about Kings Langley?

If you take public transport, I would say stick to places that have train stations within atleast a km

I'm looking to buy my first home to live in. Few details about me

• Living in Sydney and looking at buying around 650K
  • Married and 1 kid ( 4 years and need to go to primary school in 2 years)
  • Currently renting
  • Paying 2200 rent per month(Happy owner). Have been paying for 2 years now
  • Stable income around 130K
  • Wife Not working
  • Have deposit of 65K

Looking to buy with the following criteria

• House
  • Budget of 650K
  • 45 mins to central
  • Good primary public school
  • 5 mins walk to school
  • 5/10 mins walk to station

there are new estates being built in edmondson park and leppington. railway to be completed in a year or two (if you are willing to wait).

Take a look at Greystanes too. The market is coming off a little in some parts of the suburb and if you're ok with either renovating a big house or moving into a fully renovated small house, 650k would get you something, possibly with some change left over.

Depending on where you live in Greystanes it's a 5-10min drive to Pendle Hill station or otherwise there are buses to merrylands and parra stations.

If you take public transport, I would say stick to places that have train stations within atleast a km

I second this.

We used to travel bus + train a few years ago.

We recently purchased a place for knock down rebuild near Parramatta, 10 minutes walk from the station. We could have purchased in the North West corridor, but we wanted the convenience of train.

Thanks for your suggestion

I wanted to avoid the townhouse,villas due to very slow appreciation

Thankyou

I thought Greystanes has lot of HCs and was on not my preferred list

Which areas/streets of Greystanes do you suggest are good?

Take a look at Greystanes too. The market is coming off a little in some parts of the suburb and if you're ok with either renovating a big house or moving into a fully renovated small house, 650k would get you something, possibly with some change left over.

Depending on where you live in Greystanes it's a 5-10min drive to Pendle Hill station or otherwise there are buses to merrylands and parra stations.

Thank you!

Its very difficult to get one near the station especially in good suburbs. I was looking at seven hills near the station but I heard the area is not safe near the train station

I don't understand how being a 5-10 drive to the station is that attractive.

Money grabbing council erect 2P signs all over the place and have bugger all station parking.

Thank you Monalisa!

Any suggestion of the suburbs which fit my requirements and could buy me a house near the trainh station (5-10 mins walk)?

I second this.

We used to travel bus + train a few years ago.

We recently purchased a place for knock down rebuild near Parramatta, 10 minutes walk from the station. We could have purchased in the North West corridor, but we wanted the convenience of train.

The M2 buses to the city are actually quite fast and frequent.
I don't catch them, but people i know do and they tell me its great. :)

Punch in the details in tripview and look at it for yourself.

Also most things within 5 min to station are being knocked down for units instead.

Thanks Nek!

From which location to the city were you referring to?

The M2 buses to the city are actually quite fast and frequent.
I don't catch them, but people i know do and they tell me its great. :)

Punch in the details in tripview and look at it for yourself.

Also most things within 5 min to station are being knocked down for units instead.

Wynyard.

For example, look up the 613X
Starting at Old Windsor Rd nr Valerie Ave Baulkham Hills (borders the seven hills/kings langley area).

Its a 40 min bus ride to Wynyard station (according to trip view its 3 stops in baulkham hills region, 1 in north rocks, 1 in carlingford, then wynyard).

Also have a look at 607X, 617X etc
I don't live out this way, but its amazing what apps like Tripview can do :)

Thank you Monalisa!

Any suggestion of the suburbs which fit my requirements and could buy me a house near the trainh station (5-10 mins walk)?

Further out west.

Suburbs between Seven Hills through to Mount Druitt. Mount Druitt has express trains to the city.

I know Mt Druitt has been discussed as a place where people invest only, and not buy PPOR. Just depends on if you are OK with it? Mt Druitt has express trains to the city. It is your first home, and the houses there are costing what they used to cost in Pendle Hill / Toongabbie and surrounds only a couple of years ago.

I think Toongabbie used to be looked down up on some time ago - but people want to live here now. I think same would true for Mounty County in the next few years.

Having said this, as you would be aware, Western Sydney values have increased over the last 1.5 years.

Back