Where to buy an affordable CIP in QLD _You got to go regional

I ended up rambling on in another thread I started (periodic tenanacy in CIP) about how entry level CIP investors, with a medium risk profile, can target small, strategically located towns in QLD for CIP plays. I've simply copied and pasted my ramblings from that thread into here.

Simply my thoughts on one way to profit from CIP, without breaking the bank.

CIP entry via regional regional towns and small communities between 3,000 and 10,000 people located within (max) 2-3 hrs of a very large regional town, not necessarily costal, riding the (preferably) early crest of an infrastructure or mining experience. Eg, towns on the Surat basin (Toowoomba hub) and towns in Capricornia (Rockhampton hub). Look for older buildings that need some TLC (hopefully just a lick of paint, the best profit maximizer) and sit on land that has enough 'scarcity' qualities (variables here include size, access, zoning reconfig potential and foot/vehicle traffic count).

Early growth wave, regional CIP investors can gather data from ASX company announcemnets and governemnt briefing papers. It can be as easy as buying the Australian newspaper on a Monday and studying the mining news in Robyn Bromphy's (spelling?) 'Pure Speculation' article (now online, too).

Significantly, lots of smaller towns have lots of CIP's that are real shabby looking (take a look yourself) so when you 'spunk' up your newly acquired CIP you immediatly crystalize a point of difference (doesn't matter what CIP class - industrial, retail etc..), making it attractive for business (your tenants or future tenants) and their customers. People in smaller towns just luuuuuurrrrrrvvvvvvv something new looking and mostly they are people with great town pride, so seeing part of their town look and feel good generates high revving, positive word-of-mouth.

Critically, this positiveness feeds your local networking experience so you get to know all the right people, especially tradesman, who you'll need to fix your CIP, RE agents, who give you the inside word on all matters property and local councillors, call them direct with any issues. This is my experience. Yours?

I ended up rambling on in another thread I started (periodic tenanacy in CIP) about how entry level CIP investors, with a medium risk profile, can target small, strategically located towns in QLD for CIP plays. I've simply copied and pasted my ramblings from that thread into here.

Simply my thoughts on one way to profit from CIP, without breaking the bank.

CIP entry via regional regional towns and small communities between 3,000 and 10,000 people located within (max) 2-3 hrs of a very large regional town, not necessarily costal, riding the (preferably) early crest of an infrastructure or mining experience. Eg, towns on the Surat basin (Toowoomba hub) and towns in Capricornia (Rockhampton hub). Look for older buildings that need some TLC (hopefully just a lick of paint, the best profit maximizer) and sit on land that has enough 'scarcity' qualities (variables here include size, access, zoning reconfig potential and foot/vehicle traffic count).

Early growth wave, regional CIP investors can gather data from ASX company announcemnets and governemnt briefing papers. It can be as easy as buying the Australian newspaper on a Monday and studying the mining news in Robyn Bromphy's (spelling?) 'Pure Speculation' article (now online, too).

Significantly, lots of smaller towns have lots of CIP's that are real shabby looking (take a look yourself) so when you 'spunk' up your newly acquired CIP you immediatly crystalize a point of difference (doesn't matter what CIP class - industrial, retail etc..), making it attractive for business (your tenants or future tenants) and their customers. People in smaller towns just luuuuuurrrrrrvvvvvvv something new looking and mostly they are people with great town pride, so seeing part of their town look and feel good generates high revving, positive word-of-mouth.
Long term in my opinion,you would do better in the city,anywhere within a 200 klm radius of West of Brisbane,some of those towns have depreciated in value over the past 2-3 years,they are not that hard to find,the only way i can see is if you can buy a cheap block for under 20k
find a removal company with houses for sale and screw the price down below 75k complete,and the removal companies are finding it very hard to sell s/h houses from what i'm told then there is still money to be made,imho..willair..

Back