Where To Buy Brisbane

Hi Guys,

New To Somersoft, have been following the threads for a while, love the advice and opinions, keep up the good work.

Looking to invest in Brisbane for under 300k. I know its not much but want to keep buying property. My strategy is buy hold, release equity and re-buy. Im looking to purchase my 2nd IP. I've got a few areas im thinking and would love any opinions/suggestions/advice.

Logan Woodridge area- very cheap and decent size blocks for further development down the track. High rental yields. Prices are on the way up. But still some good buys to be had.
Ipswitch-Going to continue to show constant growth, cheap, excellent yield.
Redcliffe/Deception Bay- Dbay so cheap and great rental yield. Redcliffe bit more expensive, but probably the best area.

I understand that these areas are all lower Socio-economic areas. But the figures are so good. Low vacancy rate, high yields and should show consistent growth. My budget of 300K doesn't really allow for an inner city purchase.

What do you guys think of the suburbs listed? Preference and Why?
What other areas do you guys like for under 300k?

Last edited:
redcliffe is a struggle with 300 and deception bay.......... open google maps and have a bo peep at the amount of green

Logan region seems very popular right now for that price bracket

ta
rolf

Hi Guys,

New To Somersoft, have been following the threads for a while, love the advice and opinions, keep up the good work.

Looking to invest in Brisbane for under 300k. I know its not much but want to keep buying property. My strategy is buy hold, release equity and re-buy. Im looking to purchase my 2nd IP. I've got a few areas im thinking and would love any opinions/suggestions/advice.

Logan Woodridge area- very cheap and decent size blocks for further development down the track. High rental yields. Prices are on the way up. But still some good buys to be had.
Redcliffe/Deception Bay- Dbay so cheap and great rental yield. Redcliffe bit more expensive, but probably the best area.

I understand that these areas are all lower Socio-economic areas. But the figures are so good. Low vacancy rate, high yields and should show consistent growth. My budget of 300K doesn't really allow for an inner city purchase.

In the inner 2-3 klm ring out from the CBD in Brisbane north or south or west you have less then 13,000 houses within that area,not sure on units townhouse ect because I don't invest in them because the money is in the land content not what sits above the ground,,so 300k is not going to get you into anything like that because the entry price is just too high with very low rental returns compared too the VERY HIGH entry price,and don't think for one minute that the low socio-sit down money areas are going to be consistent higher yields-or higher GC ,IF everyone is talking about Logan then it's too late..imho..

What do you guys think of the suburbs listed? Preference and Why?
What other areas do you guys like for under 300k?

What does your research tell you about these areas other than the price entry point and that they are lower socio areas?

What are you hoping to achieve?

Ipswich - there has been changes to the size of the granny flat that you are allowed to build and can rent it out to - no more than 50m in size and more favoured to rent out to relatives or visitors.

New Law Governing Granny Flats in Ipswich

Posted by Sheds N Homes Ipswich on 7 November 2014

Tags: Granny Flats

Ipswich City Council has recently changed the provisions for auxiliary units (granny flats) to not exceed 50m2 gross floor area and introduce a limit of one bedroom to ensure parking and street congestion would not become an issue.

Home owners will continue to be able to house relatives and visitors, or receive an additional income through constructing an auxiliary unit on their property.

When Ipswich City Council relaxed past laws so home owners could also rent out auxiliary dwellings to an unrelated party, they became a potential income earner in the back yard. A growing number of Ipswich residents started invested in granny flats with the view that they will pay for themselves over time and add value to their property.

Planning and Development Committee Chair Councilor Paul Tully said, "These changes mean residents will continue to have the opportunity to construct an auxiliary unit on their property to house relatives or visitors or rent them out, without having a negative impact on neighbours.?

http://www.shedsnhomesipswich.com.au/about-us/shed-news/new-law-governing-granny-flats-in-ipswich/

Ipswich City Council has recently changed the provisions for auxiliary units (granny flats) to not exceed 50m2 gross floor area.....

Thanks Beanie, always on the leading edge to share info like this.

50m2 and 1 bedroom limit isn't really attractive for an investor hoping to increase cashflow in building a secondary dwelling/granny flat...
This approach might be limited to new build that offers attached GF as part of the dual income.

Back