Where to buy in Birsbane / Brisbane?

Mate look up the flood maps yourself...

thanks mate!
am sorry but very new to the property market and area. Would really appreciate if you could suggest where to get the flood maps or this information. If you could please throw some light too on the condition.

Thanks

I am not saying all of Sunnybank and Eight Mile Plains are in low lying areas, just that potential flooding is always a consideration when buying around Brisbane.

Clearly some parts of these suburbs are susceptible to flooding:

http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/sites/default/files/SUNNYBANK.pdf
http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/sites/default/files/tlpi_flood_map_eight_mile_plains.pdf

Appropriate D/D is required for any property in any city, there are several creeks which can, in the right conditions flood. The water enters the park only at the corner of Beenleigh and Gowan roads, the map essentially indicates several parks can flood. This is due to localized flooding unrelated to the Brisbane river, several streets show overland flow which is nothing more than where rainfall may travel as it has to go somewhere. You could say I have an vested interest in the area as I have owned property there for 20 years but I am very familiar with it and cannot recall any problems in the area. There may always be particular houses anywhere which can be more vulnerable but as a whole the suburbs in this area are not low lying. Beenleigh road in a westerly direction bordering Acacia Ridge is more low lying and industrial, technically the area is probably Acacia Ridge but RE agents advertise it as Sunnybank .My insurance premiums for the area some of the lowest I have anywhere, a bigger risk IMO are break and enters or damage from fallen large trees as there are many in the area planted long ago when these suburbs were farm land. If a developer is advising you there is a major flooding risk thats just wrong

Check suburbs in or adjacent to the various satellite cbd's located around the metropolitan area. They are the CG hubs.

Those are high employment area's with main arterial roads in/out of the suburb, with public transport hubs, major shopping precincts, good educational, medical & recreational facilities..

All the things people want to be located close by to and/or within easy commute. This helps bolsters the demand side of the supply/demand equation which in turn puts upward pressure on asking prices.

I hope this helps.

Hi Rick,

Just wondering if you wouldn't mind pointing out which are these satellite cbd's of Brisbane. We are considering Brisbane as a location for our second property with the intention of purchasing in the next 3-6 months so about time I start studying up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris.

Hi,

I have been approached by a company National Hotspots with a 4bedroom in Redbank Plains for 380k.
Can someone suggest about the flood conditions and capital growth expected in that area.

Thanks
Nishant

If it is fernbrooke Ridge then stay away as over 50% of buyers are investors. land there starts from around $140k and a turnkey 4 bedroom house will cost $180 to $200k. They are charging $380k as the balance is the commission they get from the builder.....yes two tier marketing is alive and kicking folks!!!!

With those specifics, I'd personally be looking at something entry-level in Upper Mt Gravatt with view to renovate significantly in the future e.g. extend and add bedrooms) or Moorooka to pull the same trick on a larger block.

There must have been 10 threads with the same subject matter in the last few months. Don't you people do a search before posting questions? You haven't even managed to spell Brisbane right in the title

Sorry to sound harsh but this is why you won't always get help. You have to help yourselves. Or at least try first. Is it hard to google 'flood maps Brisbane'. The first thing that comes up is....flood maps for Brisbane

I was thinking of pushing 4 :eek:

Not sure what the agent is thinking - probably baiting with that asking price/range. I would have started with offers over $600K.

Out of interest for a newbie renovator where would the 3rd and 4th bedrooms come from. I could possibly see 3. Would a 4 bedroom typically require 2 bathrooms? or not a deal breaker in your mind?

Thanks love learning on this site :)

There must have been 10 threads with the same subject matter in the last few months. Don't you people do a search before posting questions? You haven't even managed to spell Brisbane right in the title

Sorry to sound harsh but this is why you won't always get help. You have to help yourselves. Or at least try first. Is it hard to google 'flood maps Brisbane'. The first thing that comes up is....flood maps for Brisbane

90% of the messes on here not doing searches about Brisbane are from Sydney. No surprise, when it comes to a lack of common sense, Sydneysiders are the clear leaders....

10 Brisbane threads is conservative, you could easily double or triple that number

90% of the messes on here not doing searches about Brisbane are from Sydney. No surprise, when it comes to a lack of common sense, Sydneysiders are the clear leaders....

10 Brisbane threads is conservative, you could easily double or triple that number

True that

I should of been a spruiker

Some of the people on here would buy anything that you tell them

Back