Where to buy in Perth

A colleague, who is a town planner, told me that City of Gosnells (COG) has changed their zonings and he thinks Thornlie (suburb of COG) is undervalued and has considerable future growth.

I have not checked it out myself but thought I would share the goodwill.

A colleague, who is a town planner, told me that City of Gosnells (COG) has changed their zonings and he thinks Thornlie (suburb of COG) is undervalued and has considerable future growth.

I have not checked it out myself but thought I would share the goodwill.

About to change there zonings. as in one day. A REA would say 1 year. The council would guestimate 2 (I called the dev dept at COG and this is what i was told)

It may take 3 years or longer, depends if WAPC agrees on the rezoning. That's how long ToB took anyway. It doesn't necessarily mean prices will escalate as well. It costs a lot of money to create a new lot. It also depends if there is a lot of demand in the area for a smaller block.

yeah I got no idea how to answer the obvious questions, then there's the other questions I neer thought of, but I did notice big blocks in Maddington (I know) with a house on them for under $300k in today's paper...

yeah I got no idea how to answer the obvious questions, then there's the other questions I neer thought of, but I did notice big blocks in Maddington (I know) with a house on them for under $300k in today's paper...

Big blocks? depends on the numbers. A person who is NOR would consider 800 big. 1000+ sounds big if your SOR

hi reeco,
nah, I've had a look at nothing.. except the paper that is.

last week in queens park was a mssive block for $460k or $46k - 2633sqm

but besides that,and the fact that 1 friend lives in quens park, I know nothing else, which is why it made me curious, wondered what light others may shed

Last edited:
hi reeco,
nah, I h'v ehad a look at nothing.. except the paper that is.

last week in queens park was a mssive block for $460k or $46k - 2633sqm

but besides that,and the fact that 1 friend lives in quens park, I know nothign else, which is why it made me curious, wondered what light others may shed

that deal sounds impossible for Queens Park. Must be next to a dump or something strange

that deal sounds impossible for Queens Park.

Agreed. Vacant land in QP is selling for roughly $ 430 / sqm.

You get a slight discount for the larger lots, so an acre is worth about 1.6m out there.

Of course, QP falls under the Canning City Council, where they have that silly rule whereby any parcel of land, no matter how large it is, can only ever be a duplex unless the frontage to the street is more than 25m.

Therefore quite a few of the half acre lots along Wharf St for example, which are typically 20 m x 100 m sell for far less than a 40m x 50m square block.

I have seen many people buy one of these skinny 20m x 100m blocks, wait for their neighbour to sell, amalgamate the blocks and then whacko - they have a full acre of 40m x 100m and they are in like Flynn. Little street up the middle and away you go.

Agreed. Vacant land in QP is selling for roughly $ 430 / sqm.

You get a slight discount for the larger lots, so an acre is worth about 1.6m out there.

Of course, QP falls under the Canning City Council, where they have that silly rule whereby any parcel of land, no matter how large it is, can only ever be a duplex unless the frontage to the street is more than 25m.

Therefore quite a few of the half acre lots along Wharf St for example, which are typically 20 m x 100 m sell for far less than a 40m x 50m square block.

I have seen many people buy one of these skinny 20m x 100m blocks, wait for their neighbour to sell, amalgamate the blocks and then whacko - they have a full acre of 40m x 100m and they are in like Flynn. Little street up the middle and away you go.

tip my hat to you sir. Good to know about the sillyness that is the canning council. Ive been told as such but needed to confirm so my eye doesnt wonder past my area of focus at the mo.

hmm saw an old duplex, no realwork required (been renovated) ona 900sqm block

long skinny block. they reckon a road, parallel to the fron road, is planned for the back of the block...and R30 zoning...under $300k I think (ad says buyers over...)...

the cheap price / big block is what intrigued me...

hmm saw an old duplex, no realwork required (been renovated) ona 900sqm block

long skinny block. they reckon a road, parallel to the fron road, is planned for the back of the block...and R30 zoning...under $300k I think (ad says buyers over...)...

the cheap price / big block is what intrigued me...

I know the house your looking at. I live near and had a look. Its a 4bedroom house thats simply had a wall sliced down the middle. Very thin wall also. Not for me but you might see something else in it.

The people who live there literally live in each others home since its just a divided house. Theres no seperation at all really. The road at the back is planned for about 3years. Not set in stone but talked about in the TPS.

You couldnt build on it until the road goes in for logistical reasons. But yea I know this area intimately. If you want a heads up i can help. Im looking in the 500K range but i keep an eye out on everything

I know the house your looking at. I live near and had a look. Its a 4bedroom house thats simply had a wall sliced down the middle. Very thin wall also. Not for me but you might see something else in it.

The people who live there literally live in each others home since its just a divided house. Theres no seperation at all really. The road at the back is planned for about 3years. Not set in stone but talked about in the TPS.

You couldnt build on it until the road goes in for logistical reasons. But yea I know this area intimately. If you want a heads up i can help. Im looking in the 500K range but i keep an eye out on everything

wasn't a 4 bedroom house mate. Its a 2 x1, duplex

Back