Where to buy in Sydney area?

Thanks for the replies, I'll definitely check up.

I'm in dilemma as now I'm thinking to stay in myself for the property for a short-term, then rent out. That's why I also consider a new one as it will be more comfortable. But it looks liked it's too expensive and the yields are not great. The Ponds is new site, that's why I don't think I can check the neighborhood yet. The standhope garden is also selling, but it's close to the prison, which I'm afraid it is not safe?

For the transport wise, it is not convenient I think.

Could it be analysis paralysis?
"Analysis paralysis is a phrase that describes a situation where the sheer quantity of analysis overwhelms the decision making process itself, thus preventing a decision"

You are having trouble picking a suburb.
A good starting point would be to find out what facilities you want it to have.

I'd buy just about anywhere where it's convenient for me to live based on proximity to my work, where a shopping centre is walking distance from the house, I prefer a suburb where there are not many units
where schools are close, and where there is a train station for easy access to the city.

It's not hard really....

What will return better:

A unit close to train station (<1km)
A house, not so close (<2-3km), but double the price of the unit?

Both get the same rental return.

What will return better:

A unit close to train station (<1km)
A house, not so close (<2-3km), but double the price of the unit?

Both get the same rental return.

I'd go for a unit, but it has to be a block I like.

If you get inside and you feel safe and comfortable
chances are, your family and/or tenants will feel the same

I'd go for a unit, but it has to be a block I like.

If you get inside and you feel safe and comfortable
chances are, your family and/or tenants will feel the same
I'd go for the house.

No body corp. Full control of property.

???
she hadn't said anything until now...

Ya, what did Skater said?

I went to browse around the Lidcombe areas and it was pretty old. I wonder if I'd buy. Then I went to the new housing development area nearby, which is really expensive, > 600k. For cheap property, I don't like the environment. While I do feel comfortable, it will be out of my budget!

Hi guys

While all of you are at it - thought I'd throw out a quick question.

Looking for our 20 yo son (Uni student with small part-time income) to avail of FHOG and get into his first IP and I have two options :

Unit in Liverpool (around $170k) with rental yield of $250 pw, costing him $54 pw to hold

or

House in Mt Druitt suburbs (around $220k) with rental yield of $260 pw, costing him $84 pw to hold

Plan is for him to buy and hold long term and add to this portfolio in the next 3-4 years as well.

Where do you think, he will be able to maximise his return (rental yield + capital growth) ..Liverpool or Mount Druitt ?

My preference is to lean towards the single home but this being his first investment, getting into the Liverpool unit will not break his back..as it were.

What are your thoughts ?

Many thanks,
Amelia

Looking for our 20 yo son (Uni student with small part-time income) to avail of FHOG and get into his first IP and I have two options :
Unit in Liverpool (around $170k) with rental yield of $250 pw, costing him $54 pw to hold
or
House in Mt Druitt suburbs (around $220k) with rental yield of $260 pw, costing him $84 pw to hold
What are your thoughts ?
As a first home I'd go for the unit, but for the price I'm guessing it will be around speed st?
Liverpool has way too many units IMO
I'd rather buy in Lakemba/Wiley park, you'll get a higher rent and it's closer to the city

Yep avoid speed st, nagle st.

170k with $250 pw rent is a bit optimistic isnt it? There's not much going for under $200k in Liverpool.

Sales history

Hi,

I find it a bit hard to find sales history (say, last 2-3 months sales history) for a region I'm interested.

Where can I get those information for free? It's weird that Government is not publishing this information to prevent speculation?

Cheers

I find it a bit hard to find sales history (say, last 2-3 months sales history) for a region I'm interested.
It is not going to happen :rolleyes:. It takes 2 - 3 months from exchange of contracts and then settlement to be reported to the land titles office and then collected and made available to companies like RP Data etc.

Where can I get those information for free?
Again, it is not going to happen. If you pay for an RP Data subscription you can get access to 'agent advised' sales. There are no freebie early sales histories.

It's weird that Government is not publishing this information to prevent speculation?
Huh??:confused:

The gov does make this information available for free.
If you want it sorted, categorized and delivered you have to pay for it.
If you want it free, then you have to get of your desk chair and drive in town and sort though it yourself.

Yep avoid speed st, nagle st.

170k with $250 pw rent is a bit optimistic isnt it? There's not much going for under $200k in Liverpool.

There are a few units under $170K but you have to be quick.

There ARE a lot of units in Liverpool but there is a severe shortage of rentals there ATM.
Cherry- The unit would be less work (and worry).

Don't bother with the short St one. My opinion only. Someone may like it. Needs work too.

The "treasure chest" is gone.

The gov does make this information available for free.
If you want it sorted, categorized and delivered you have to pay for it.
If you want it free, then you have to get of your desk chair and drive in town and sort though it yourself.

I see, so government do not have simple computerized database just for address & transacted price available somewhere (website)? I know some countries provided simple raw data (just transacted prices & address) in tables format where you can filter & search or download in raw format, publicly & free. Of course, if you want trend charts, etc. perhaps you need to do some work yourself or pay someone for that... that's why I ask if this info. is available here in Australia? Sorry, I really don't know.

Back