Where to buy in Sydney for MAX short term CG

Let?s make a bold assumption: Sydney has 2 years left in its monster run. If you were to buy today, hoping for maximum CG in the next 2 years, where and what would you buy? Budget $1mil or there about.

As much house/land as you can afford in a location with impending infrastructure, desirability and ongoing demand. Too many suburbs to specifically pinpoint here as Sydney's a big place with a LOT going on....:D

I Follow the northern side more closely . Haven't done any reaseach but I'd start looking around macquarie uni , upper northern beaches and Hornsby , Asquith , mt colah up to Brooklyn .

If you were over 1.5 - 2 I'd be look north shore . That price bracket hasn't moved as much and is starting , but that's realy a PPOR buy as the return would be crap

Some people have commented the outer south west hasn't moved as much as places like mt Druitt . So Liverpool and beyond might be worth a look . Jacquesland has moved .

Cliff

I Follow the northern side more closely . Haven't done any reaseach but I'd start looking around macquarie uni , upper northern beaches and Hornsby , Asquith , mt colah up to Brooklyn .

If you were over 1.5 - 2 I'd be look north shore . That price bracket hasn't moved as much and is starting , but that's realy a PPOR buy as the return would be crap

Some people have commented the outer south west hasn't moved as much as places like mt Druitt . So Liverpool and beyond might be worth a look . Jacquesland has moved .

Cliff
Agree here!

Hornsby area still has potential. You can still buy houses sub 1 mill and when they put in that missing link between M1 and M2 you'll see a boom

I would be buying in Riverstone, loads of planning and the railway opening in a few years.

I second this. Parts of Riverstone/Marsden park are yet to be re zoned and there is a precinct planning process underway that will see the acreage rezoned for low/medium density housing. Letters have been sent to residents and there are already developers knocking on doors and making offers.

I did have a brief look at the WestConnex 3 stage plan.

Do you think the Stage 1 plan will have an affect on the prices of nearby suburbs?

Hornsby area still has potential. You can still buy houses sub 1 mill and when they put in that missing link between M1 and M2 you'll see a boom

I think Hornsby has potential but i'm not convinced The link will really benefit prices . That's more for through traffic .

I would be buying in Riverstone, loads of planning and the railway opening in a few years.

Hadn't thought of riverstone , but it's a good thought . How much has it gone up in the current cycle

For me , it's a little bit like Penrith more than 30 years ago .

I can imagine it becoming a major suburban center , though last time I went though ( around 8 years ago ) it was more like a small hick country town , though with a reasonable amount of light industry . We've use a Kitchen person out there .

Cliff

I think all the houses at Pennent Hills, Thornleigh and Normanhurst are already around 1 mil these days.

Interestingly the smoking stack at Wahroonga and West Pennant Hills for NorthConnex could devalue houses around those areas.

Hadn't thought of riverstone , but it's a good thought . How much has it gone up in the current cycle

For me , it's a little bit like Penrith more than 30 years ago .

I can imagine it becoming a major suburban center , though last time I went though ( around 8 years ago ) it was more like a small hick country town , though with a reasonable amount of light industry . We've use a Kitchen person out there .

Cliff

Rivo has gone up quite a bit along with Schofields as they are now being urbanised. Plus the NWRL terminated around those area there could be another lift in prices.

The H&L packages has gone up 100-150K since I last bought it in Jan last year.

Interestingly the smoking stack at Wahroonga and West Pennant Hills for NorthConnex could devalue houses around those areas.

That has already happened . Bareena in Wahroonga has been affected . One tennis court house on the market at 3 mill accepted an offer of close to 2 mill.....

The general consensus is that this is mainly going to be an issue during the construction phase but once it's all in place and the current scare campaign against the stacks is over and finished things will go back to normal .

We have friends in Bareena who decided to stay with that expectation . We know the people who bought the place for 2 and they have a track record of making astute buys at the right time .

Cliff

Thanks Prop, I was looking at Lidcombe and Strathfield but everything looked overpriced.

Would you mind being a little more specific on what parts of inner west were you referring to?

Lidcombe and Strathfield are not inner west. Lidcombe in particular is a fair way out. Entry costs are high (and getting higher) in the inner west for houses, but they're not making any more of them. Every time a bunch of house gets knocked down for an apartment block, I figure the cost of the remaining houses goes up.

Rivo has gone up quite a bit along with Schofields as they are now being urbanised. Plus the NWRL terminated around those area there could be another lift in prices.

The H&L packages has gone up 100-150K since I last bought it in Jan last year.

I had money on a H&L in Riverstone 2 months ago for 585k and when the rate got cut they started selling them for 685k..unfortunately due to dodgey *** developers and bad clauses in the contract I backed out..

You can put your money in NW and not lose imo. People willing to pay a crapload of money to live there.. SW growth centre has a cap in how high it can go I reckon. Thats just purely an opinion based on the fact that I live in SW and don't think people would be willing to pay 700k for a small 4 bedroom house on 300sqm with a single garage

Back