Where to buy in Sydney for MAX short term CG

Thanks Prop, I was looking at Lidcombe and Strathfield but everything looked overpriced.
Of course everything always looks overpriced when you're buying, but when you look back after owning for 10+years, we all say we wish we had purchased more of them at the time. :rolleyes:

Would you mind being a little more specific on what parts of inner west were you referring to?
Yes, I would mind. :)
We buy a number (starts with "A" ends with "LOT") in the Inner West and are having a difficult (but moderately successful) time doing it. :p

Of course everything always looks overpriced when you're buying, but when you look back after owning for 10+years, we all say we wish we had purchased more of them at the time. :rolleyes:

Yes, I would mind. :)
We buy a number (starts with "A" ends with "LOT") in the Inner West and are having a difficult (but moderately successful) time doing it. :p

Haha, I am sure there suburbs with a similar name across Sydney.

I think after this cycle, all the inner west suburbs are now blue-chips. Most of my mates who had purchased inner west houses are saying they will put the property in their Will and won't be selling them.

There's just not that many houses in the inner west circle

Riverstone already has a station

Sorry should have been more specific, was referring to the north west rail link, I don't think the existing train line is doing any favors for the suburb whatsoever, the northwest rail link should have an impact on prices in the area.
Riverstone current median price $546k
Was floating around 400k 2010 to 2012
Not much capital growth yet and that increase is probably due to new builds.
I'de expect prices to be similar to kellyville ridge once developed which currently has a median of $778,000

$546 does seem low, as ej89 said H+L is $650+ but 1mil would get a great big house on a block big enough for future subdivide.

Growth might be Slower than the 2 years your after though.

I had money on a H&L in Riverstone 2 months ago for 585k and when the rate got cut they started selling them for 685k..unfortunately due to dodgey *** developers and bad clauses in the contract I backed out..

You can put your money in NW and not lose imo. People willing to pay a crapload of money to live there.. SW growth centre has a cap in how high it can go I reckon. Thats just purely an opinion based on the fact that I live in SW and don't think people would be willing to pay 700k for a small 4 bedroom house on 300sqm with a single garage

Agree with that view. I think the area is unlikely to see much (if any) correction before the NWRL opens in 2019. The rate of might slow though.

My place has gone up 15% in one year based on a valuation completed this week :D

Personally i would split the buy into 2 x $550-650 buys if possible....that will max your CG and risk + better rental yield.

I think the major issues i'd have with Riverstone compared to Schofields, Marsden Park and The Ponds is that Riverstone doesn't have a gigantic developer going in there and making proper estates. It's just a small dodgy development company atm thats building estates between houso homes and old ugly homes..these smaller companies are also using crappy builders like Eagle homes..

That median is around the 550k mark but is only getting high because of new builds and farms.. A $1m property will take you further than the 675k H&L but obviously check out the zoning and how much of the land you can use..

I think the major issues i'd have with Riverstone compared to Schofields, Marsden Park and The Ponds is that Riverstone doesn't have a gigantic developer going in there and making proper estates. It's just a small dodgy development company atm thats building estates between houso homes and old ugly homes..these smaller companies are also using crappy builders like Eagle homes..

That median is around the 550k mark but is only getting high because of new builds and farms.. A $1m property will take you further than the 675k H&L but obviously check out the zoning and how much of the land you can use..

All the OTP packages have clauses that are favourable to developers. You cannot do anything about it as they are all selling like hot cakes for the last 2 years. I would stick with large developers like Mirvac, Stockland, Australand etc just for you to sleep easy.

The Ponds is already sold out (new lands of course). Schofields and Marsden Park have both Mirvac and Stockland either selling or going to sell H&L packages. There are major master plans for both suburbs.

One of my friends who lives in the Ponds had someone try break into her house last night. Apparently break ins happen every week

One of my friends who lives in the Ponds had someone try break into her house last night. Apparently break ins happen every week

Happens during the day in all new estates because the people living there are nearly all families. They are very quite during the day because the kids are all at school/daycare and the parents both out working. During the night is different though, that is a bit of a worry but again, it happens everyhwere.

All the OTP packages have clauses that are favourable to developers. You cannot do anything about it as they are all selling like hot cakes for the last 2 years. I would stick with large developers like Mirvac, Stockland, Australand etc just for you to sleep easy.

The Ponds is already sold out (new lands of course). Schofields and Marsden Park have both Mirvac and Stockland either selling or going to sell H&L packages. There are major master plans for both suburbs.

Yep they usually favour the developer but I know I wont sleep at night if its some small dodgy developer who is selling H&L packages before even getting council approval.. What if the council comes back and makes em change the size of the land or move things around? Reason why Stockland, Mirvac, Lend Lease and Australand take so long is cos they get approval for each stage before selling.. At least then I know I actually own the land and how big it is

Seriously, can you throw a dart and achieve growth anywhere in Syd at the moment:)

Mtr

Would you buy NOW? I reckon returns are too low. But then its my first property cycle so i wouldn't know as in 2013 I thought I was paying too much :D

I think Sydney is crazy stupid atm. I don't think I've ever seen it this heated and IMHO it's as hot as it was in 2003. The party has to end at some point.

Some people have commented the outer south west hasn't moved as much as places like mt Druitt . So Liverpool and beyond might be worth a look . Jacquesland has moved .

Cliff

The horse has bolted there as well.

Ruse/Raby/St Andrews/Leumeah/Woodbine easily gone up 10% in the space of 2 months...still kicking myself for not delaying my overseas trip now I've gotta find an extra 50k from somewhere to buy something there.

The horse has bolted there as well.

Ruse/Raby/St Andrews/Leumeah/Woodbine easily gone up 10% in the space of 2 months...still kicking myself for not delaying my overseas trip now I've gotta find an extra 50k from somewhere to buy something there.

Why do you have to buy there?

What do you guys think about Normanhurst and thornleigh for houses?

Not sure what will happen to the train line after the north west rail goes in.

Back