Where to buy IP for $200k

Hi all,

I am looking to buy an IP but can only afford a purchase price of very early $200k. I am interested in houses or units that gain a reasonable return and capital growth.

Can someone suggest a good area for me to look at please.

Thankyou very much for your thoughts.

Andrew

Hi all,

I am looking to buy an IP but can only afford a purchase price of very early $200k. I am interested in houses or units that gain a reasonable return and capital growth.

Can someone suggest a good area for me to look at please.

Thankyou very much for your thoughts.

Andrew
Try Riverview in Brisbane Qld
There are a few there at the moment near the highway,I believe prices are low because of the major roadworks going on.
They have all the ticks in the right boxes,rail,freeway,shopping centres etc

I don't think there is any housing comm any where near there,
Most also have a benifet of large blocks of around 1000m2,capable of subdivision:eek:

I have looked at some of the larger regional areas in NSW country. Thats as far as I have gone so far. If you know of any better places to look that have some bright prospects for CG I would be very appreciative.

Andrew

such an open ended question:

NSW: Raymond terrace, close enough to the $3.4b gov. spend in Port Stephens area in next couple of years, with 6% returns and properties under $230k for 3 bedroom.

Just settled on $212k, 3 bed. 1100sqm corner block in this area because of this. Rent is $270pw after $7k reno.

such an open ended question:

NSW: Raymond terrace, close enough to the $3.4b gov. spend in Port Stephens area in next couple of years, with 6% returns and properties under $230k for 3 bedroom.

Just settled on $212k, 3 bed. 1100sqm corner block in this area because of this. Rent is $270pw after $7k reno.

Is this the one on Richardson Rd?

There are a few properties there, all well priced aswell!
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...t=&header=&cc=&c=77052614&s=nsw&tm=1268647392

6%+ Yield on that one.

I like Ballarat. It's a town of around 100,000 people yet is only about an hour away from train from Melbourne, so can be a satalite city as well as a city in itself.

At the moment Melbourne is going through a boom. Not sure if Ballarat is, but if Melbourne becomes to expensive some people will be looking at places just outside Melbourne where they can commute to Melbourne for work, like Ballarat.

Another area I like in the 200k price range is Corio. Yes it can be a bit rough but it's close to Melbourne as well as being in Geelong. So in effect it can be a transit city for 2 cities.

hervey bay,toogoom,riverheads quite a few around these areas

1bedroom units starting at $99000 1bed, esplanade unit $149000
2 bed unit close esplanade I mean real close almost esplanade. 150k<---- there's 5 of these had look myself the other day located in a great location. houses from $23500 1 bedders toogoom in town
3 bedders around 250k hervey bay river heads 2 bedroom house $215000 river heads sat stagnate for quite awhile and recently had a 41% growth over 12months
I belive toogoom will be the next to follow this trend as it is around the same distance to hervey bay as river heads probably a little bit closer to shops schools has beaches you can walk on unlike riverheads transport etc.

Brisbane you can get a small bedsitter for sub $200k and get a rental return of $250 a week, there's a few on the market (including my own!) but obv not going to link my personal one :)

Back