Where to find good buyers agent ?

Hi people,

I've heard from my friend that it is better to affiliate or join membership with buyers agency.

I wonder if this is a real and legitimate agent who works to find right price for us or just a scam ?

Affiliate? Join Membership?

The only legit buyers agents I know charge a fee-for service. There's no "subscription" or "affiliation" - you engage a buyers agent and they consult with you to identify what you are looking for - then they go and do the work. You pay either a fixed fee for the service or a percentage of purchase price (I prefer fixed fee).

Where are you looking to buy? You want a buyers agent who knows their local turf well.

Hi people,

I've heard from my friend that it is better to affiliate or join membership with buyers agency.

I wonder if this is a real and legitimate agent who works to find right price for us or just a scam ?

Its probably not a scam, but it sounds like an investors club, where you buy from a set stock. In this case, you are building their business and following their guidelines/interests, rather than your own.

As Sim said, its better to use a buyers agent who is acting purely in your interest, and where you are paying a fee for their service

Affiliate? Join Membership?

The only legit buyers agents I know charge a fee-for service. There's no "subscription" or "affiliation" - you engage a buyers agent and they consult with you to identify what you are looking for - then they go and do the work. You pay either a fixed fee for the service or a percentage of purchase price (I prefer fixed fee).

Where are you looking to buy? You want a buyers agent who knows their local turf well.

I'm looking for my first IP in Parramatta or Hurstville area in Sydney NSW, I saw the website from http://www.positiverealestate.com.au

I'm looking for my first IP in Parramatta or Hurstville area in Sydney NSW, I saw the website from

From a 30 second glance at their website, I note that their services are "free"? This does lead to the question - how are they getting paid?

If they are getting a commission on the sale of property you purchase, then the next question to ask is "WHO is paying them the commission?"

I don't know the answers - and I may be way off base here - I don't know these guys and can't comment good or bad (other than, I'm not generally in favour of this style of "club").

Either way - be careful and make sure you understand the money flow (ie who is getting paid by whom) before engaging.

it could be good for you if you are time poor. depends on your situation. Unless you work 6 days a week I would do my own due diligence.

Why don't you ask Sam Saggers and Jason Whitton some questions re their personal success with property. Ask them:

- for a RP Data print out of their personal, trust, and company histories of property transactions.

- current income statement of incoming rents.

- their personal, trust, and company tax returns.

- historical and current records of every company, holding company, and trust they are involved.

If they are bona fide guys wanting to genuinely help you have real estate success, they'll appreciate this documentation is the failsafe way to back their words. If they are not prepared to reveal this, then ask yourself how reliable is their marketing spiel.

Back