Where to go for help if you are being scammed?

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do, the bank can't refund you the money. A mate of mine fell for a similar scam last year. The seller 'was on the Gold Coast'.

I fell for a scam a few years ago, buying an item in China, spoke to the Chinese on the phone and received their business registration. Sent them $1000 through netbank transfer, only for them to send a pair of socks on slow mail.

Technically no - but the OTP developer who this guy was claiming to represent offered all the duped buyers (including us) a discount on the purchase price to the amount we had been scammed of (i.e. they took a smaller profit). They then went and pursued the crim through their lawyers. It saved all of us a huge hassle, including any bad publicity for the developer.

The Y-man

Feel sorry for you Y-man to experience this too..

I appreciate how frustrating the feeling is, most people at some point in their life have been scammed in some way or another. Just chalk this up as educational expenses. You'll look back in a year and the $200 would be a blip in the grand scheme of things.

What's the employer going to do? Nothing!

Some employers will not tolerate bad behavior from employees, eg Woolies, Commonwealth government, etc. Employees may be employed with signed undertakings to adhere to personal integrity that will not undermine public trust of its service.

Sounds like a misunderstanding to me. Did you ever consider she did to get the money and now you are coming across like a deranged maniac

What did you mean by misunderstanding? If the money was in fact 'bounced back' like what she said, why I still have not received it back on my bank account up to now? let alone this was a cash deposit on the branch - so if the money 'bounced back', bank would have called me by now to collect the balance on the branch.

In fact, I had already gone to the bank on monday- to reassure once again whether there was a problem with the cash deposit I made and nope, money had been through to her account with no probs.

It's better for you to ask question first than bluntly telling someone is maniac withot knowing the facts

Back