Where to rent in Sydney for 1k a week?

Hi all,

I am probably relocating to Sydney in September for work and appreciate advice on areas to live. I will be working on Macquarie Street in the city and have the following wish list:

1. Close to the city, would like to run, cycle or short car trip ideally (will have car spot)
2. 2-3 bedrooms with lock up car space
3. Courtyard and if possible small patch of grass for two dogs
4. Budget is $1000 a week as my work will cover most of my rent
5. Ideally half way between airport and city as my other half will be flying home to Sydney most Friday nights
6. Ideally near Centennial Park so I can run dogs before work
7. A nice feel to the area, I am in my 20's with no kids

I have been looking around the Randwick area. Is this a good option? I lived in Sydney for many years but only on the Northern Beaches which is too far as I need to be able to get to work quickly if I'm called in. I'm guessing pets are going to make this tricky. I have full references from my current landlord and agent stating dogs are very well behaved and haven't been any issues at all.

Thank you

Plenty to choose from on south side or inner west. Marrickville, Botany, Tempe, Bexley etc all work well. Also look at Summer Hill.

Like Brisbane there is a train to the airport.

There's a bike lane from the north Shore to the city as well so North Sydney, Wollstonecraft or Greenwich may suit

Run, cycle and drive to city and have a courtyard, etc, etc is asking a bit too much don't you think. If you can walk to work, of cause you can drive to work. A nice feel is subjective.

A lot of areas I guess but depends on what type of area you want to live in; area as in demographics. Sydney is a very multicultural city as you know and offers so much depending on the suburb and location within suburb.

If you are after centennial park, then why don?t you punch in the suburbs at centennial park online and see what comes up.

I was going to suggest Randwick or Coogee but not sure if your budget would stretch that far. If you're prepared for an additional 5min drive to Centennial Park, take a look at Maroubra. Older houses with at least a courtyard if not a yard and buses direct to the airport terminals. Lots of parks not far from the beach for running the dogs around too.

Thanks for the replies. Not sure what you mean by saying it's asking too much Mightywill? I've found a few places that fit my needs and will be heading to Sydney this week to have a look.

Back