Where to stay for Wraps Boot Camp

I'm going to Rick Otton's Wraps Boot Camp in the Blue Mountains on 16-18 August. Unfortunately the Hydro Majestic where it's being held is booked out.

I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and where they are staying?

Jenny

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Plenty of beds @ Ricks place !!

And if he runs out, he could always wrap you a bed.

Regards

Mr dobee

Reply: 2

Hi Jenny

There is plenty of great accommodation near the venue. The Mecure Blue Mountains Hotel at Leura is also doing accom deals for Freestyler Boot Camp attendees. Though, Leura is a 15km from the venue.

However Katoomba is 7km down the road, with a large range of "weekenders" available plus smaller hotels etc.

Why not a few people get in together and book a weekender house and share the costs etc. What better place to organise it then here.

You can also try calling some of the local Real Estate Agents as they manage these style of holiday houses.

Cheers,
Robert

Get your Property Inspection Reports @
http://www.CreativeFinance.com.au

Reply: 2.1

Why is the boot camp is being held out in the middle of no-where land any how ?

Regards

Richie Rich

Reply: 2.1.1

Cheaper to run. and a nicer environment all round?

Reply: 2.1.1.1

The Blue Mountains in the middle of no-where??

It's not the "Back o' Burke". The Blue Mountains is reachable within 1 1/2 hours drive of most of Sydney, plus great transport in the way of trains to the mountain as well. Plus the great variety of accommodation and serenity of the area.

I'm not sure what your trying to say here Anon (Richie Rich).

Cheers,
Robert

Get your Property Inspection Reports @
http://www.CreativeFinance.com.au

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1

Hi Robert

At the risk of speaking for other people, the comments that I have received are along the lines of the venue being difficult for interstate visitors who are flying into Sydney and then having to find their way to a place not particularly handy to the airport.

This has necessitated extra costs, time and difficulty that could have been avoided with a little more thought and consideration.

This is the feedback given to me on the venue and I trust that it is useful for future consideration. I know it stopped more than one person from attending . . .

As always, you cannot please everyone and I am sure that the venue will be fine on the day.

Perhaps next time, this could be taken into account?

Have fun and I hope that it is a great success for all those who attend.

Dale

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1

Thank you Dale,

This is exactly what I mean !!!!

Please take it on board for future events.

Regards

Richie Rich

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1

So hire a car !

If you were to hold such an event in the middle of Sydney, it would probably cost you a whole heap more - both in seminar fees due to the increased venue costs, as well as in accomodation and food.

Part of the idea is that you all "get away" to the mountains and spend time networking as well. It's a CAMP not a one night seminar.

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Hi Jenny
We are going to Boot Camp as well and we actually live in Hobart so don't be put off by the location.
I think it is good once in a while for folks to get out of their comfort zone!!
Now down to the accommodation.
The Chalet is walking distance to the Hydro Majestic. Their phone number is 02 47881122.
Alternatively they have told us they can run us over there.
Green Trees Cottages also have a cottage in Medlow Bath telephone 02 47878511 and again it is a 5min walk.
If you have no luck with then Blue Mtns Tourism is 1300 6534088. Tell them you want to stay in Medlow Bath. The other Mercure is too far away.
We intend to get the train to the Blue Mtns. If you intend to do the same you will need to catch a train from the country terminal at Sydney - you can actually train it in from the Airport. MAKE SURE you get one that stops at Medlow Bath, it is one stop after Katoomba Stn. Not all the trains stop at Medlow Bath. The people at both accom places I gave you will pick you up from the train stn.
As a foot note...I have never been to The Blue Mtns before and no I don't work for The Blue Mtns Tourism..I just did my homework.
Look forward to meeting you.

Glenys

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Thanks for the info Glenys.
I am from Brisbane and will be attending the second boot camp in September. I am one of those who feels that maybe Sydney was a better spot for out of towner's. I'm not sure about extra costs Sim but I bow to your wisdom. For me it was more an issue of getting there and trying to minimise some of the costs. I am sure it will be worth whatever the travel arrangements necessitate. I look forward to hearing from Rick and others at thew weekend and maybe meeting some of you.

Enjoy
AD

Stumbling blocks are just stepping stones to the successful.

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Hi everyone

Here is a web address that might be useful.
www.greentreescottages.com.au
have a look at "Cosy" "Privacy" and "Flower Dell". They all appear to be in Medlow Bath.
Don't leave your accom too long before booking because if it is hard to come by in Winter, imagine what it will be like in Spring. The Hydro Majectic is very popular for weddings and that is the reason they are booked out in August.

Cheers

Glenys

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2

Hi Glenys

I'm staying at The Chalet too now, if you mean the guesthouse on the other side of Medlow Bath?

I'll look forward to meeting you.

I'm going by train. The guesthouse man kindly looked up the timetable for me on the phone as I had tried to get a timetable at 3 different stations!

That was before I knew you could get the timetable on line at www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au (I think that's right).

Jenny

Back