Where's Rich Dad?

Attention Robert Kiyosaki fans. I have read a number of Robert's books, most recently "If you want to be Rich and Happy don't go to school". It is interesting that Rich Dad does not feature in his first book. Does anyone know why?
Curious,
Julie

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

I've heard rumour that rich dad was still alive then, and he only started writing about him after his death...but...that is really just a rumour...

But really...who cares if rich dad was a fictitious character, or a living breathing person, we could point to the bible in many places and say " did this really happen? or is it a story told by someone who is trying to get a message across to many thousands of people?"

Rich dad, real or not, has helped MANY people, R Kiyosaki is a fabulous story teller, he tells the same story in many different ways to reach as many people as possible, certainly he is making a lot of money from this, good on him...if you find a winner, flog it for all its worth! If you don't , you're crazy! :eek:)

Apart from all that.....do people really believe everything they read in books? Because its in print, does that mean it has to be real?

A classic selling technique by RE Agents, and sellers alike, is printing it on paper!
People are less likely to question a price if its on paper.
Human beings are that way, I think it comes from when we "carved it in stone".

But actually, we should be questioning things we read, and going with our gut feelings, if you think some chapters in a book are good, and make sense, great, but...if there are some that sit uneasily with you, then I always say, follow your instincts, they probley aren't correct, check it out before you take it as gospel.

Reply: 1.1

Quite right TW!

These stories are like modern fables. Even if they aren't true, they still present a moral that packs a punch!

Reply: 1.2

Hi TW,

You've been out of site but not out of mind, recently. But it seems as though you like philosophizing now and again. Is that the right button to push? Let's see...if there was such a place as Investors Heaven, what would it be like?

Mike

Reply: 1.2.1

Hi Mike,

Leave my buttons alone.

Reply: 1.2.1.1

"Rich Dad, Poor Dad" books are clasic proof of the old saying,
"the best way of making mone yis to write a book telling people how to make money...."

Back