Which airless spray paint unit to paint a roof?

Which airless spray paint unit to paint a corrugated flat tin roof?170 sq m

I would prefer to plonk the hose in the tin and spray.

I expect these things to clog up and require extensive cleaning afterward.
( I am not patient or keen on this aspect)
isn't there one where i can just spray water through to clean it, without spending a thousand dollars or more on a unit?

Perhaps in later years I might spray paint the interior.......maybe:(

Which airless spray paint unit to paint a corrugated flat tin roof?170 sq m

I would prefer to plonk the hose in the tin and spray.

I expect these things to clog up and require extensive cleaning afterward.
( I am not patient or keen on this aspect)
isn't there one where i can just spray water through to clean it, without spending a thousand dollars or more on a unit?

Perhaps in later years I might spray paint the interior.......maybe:(

i bought on of the chinese copys over ebay ,i,ve painted 3 houses inside and out with it now .great little machine ,as you say the cleaning issue is important but if you are regimented it isnt a problem

I've heard that unless they are used fairly frequently, that the working parts have very big chance of seizing up.

Never used one personally.

Regards
Marty

Last edited:
Just found out I require 521 spray tip with the heat reflective paint I will be using.
For undercoat the tip is 517 which is ok with th echinese machine.

Will 521 spray tip mean it wont work?
This has quickly eliminated a large number of machines I was thinking of buying, but I cant locate a machine which will be usble with this tip.

Over what period of time have you painted these houses?

Any ideas from anyone?
I may end up hiring but I prefer to buy becuase of jobs probably over the coming several months

You could always buy this machine,should do the trick or you could hire one for the day ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Wagner-HC940...&pt=AU_Building_Materials&hash=item3cae3e2f19

or you could buy this machine,its retail is around $3500,wont pump 521 tip,but comes close,just do an extra coat or two with the 517 tip.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WAGNER-FINIS...&pt=AU_Building_Materials&hash=item519382500b

Does it come in Red........................I can paint quicker with a red one:eek:

looks like I will be hiring .

Spray Cheif

Hi there. I am a roof restorer. I fond that the best unit is a spray cheif. They are about $3800 new. We use a wagner sprayer setup.
Cheers,

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Any tips on paint preparation ( Heat reflective paint) for 170 sq m flat zirculume roof 10 years old in strong sunlight with no shade.
Do you think a 1650psi water high pressure spray would be adequate for a home user to clean the roof . it doesn't appear that dirty?

Hi there. I am a roof restorer. I fond that the best unit is a spray cheif. They are about $3800 new. We use a wagner sprayer setup.
Cheers,

Phil
I buy a new wagner every 12 months and sight unseen through the paint shop I purchased a new spray chief by accident .It didn't even see a dozen houses out, It was probably just a lemon :(

Back