Which Brisbane Suburbs?

HI, I am currently living in QLD and planning my first IP(house), focuing on CG and don't really mind negative cash flow. budget is up to 1mil'ish. Some of my friends suggest me rush into melbourne/sydney. But I also want to keep eye on brisbane locally.
Since I am asian, so I am more interested in brisbane south surburbs, such as surburbs around Sunnybank. I did some homework, southern surburbs like sunnybank, sunnybank hills, eight mile plains went up around 10% last year.
Would it be good time to get house now?
Any suggestion?

Thanks

HI, I am currently living in QLD and planning my first IP(house), focuing on CG and don't really mind negative cash flow. budget is up to 1mil'ish. Some of my friends suggest me rush into melbourne/sydney. But I also want to keep eye on brisbane locally.
Since I am asian, so I am more interested in brisbane south surburbs, such as surburbs around Sunnybank. I did some homework, southern surburbs like sunnybank, sunnybank hills, eight mile plains went up around 10% last year.
Would it be good time to get house now?
Any suggestion?

Thanks

Hi Lin, with your capital of 1 mill and your preference for the southside, I would be thinking of buying 2 good properties in Rochedale South, which is next to Eight Mile Plains, and watch your CG go up quite quickly as the demand for Rochedale South exponentially increases the more people can't get into Sunnybank, Sunnybank Hills and Eight Mile Plains. Moreover, Rochedale South is under Logan Council which means you very likely are able to build new 2 bedroom auxiliary units on virtually any property in Rochedale South, as long as the original house has some excess land for another 2 bedder unit. It's just my opinion.

I'd rather buy 2 in Rochedale South than 800-900k for 1 property in MacGregor, Robertson or Sunnybank.

You might be able to purchase 2 in Sunnybank hills just, but not in Sunnybank in a good location or in Eight Mile Plains
Rochedale South might be a good compromise

Thanks "Beanie girl" and "hugh72",
I will do some homework for EMP, SH and rochedale south.

By the way I prefer to buy property located in good public school catchment, any suggestion about good public school in south area around sunnybank?:)

What do people think of North Lakes? Anyone have IPs there? I was looking at a 10 year old 4 2 2 house on about 600m2 block, currently tenanted with approx. 5.2% yield.

Due to so much land yet to be developed, could be an oversupply and current vacancy rate of 2.2% and as high as 3+% CG and rent might drop over thenext year Imo

I was recently in a similar situation, looking for houses in similar areas. We literally searched ALL over Brisbane then narrowed it down to Southside - either rochedale South OR Sunnybank area.

From my observations, rochedale South was decent BUT the neighbourhood itself lacked something. It felt over crowded & somewhat 'unclean' (if I can use that word). Position was decent & easy to get North to cbd or Gold Coast - but it felt industrial & uninviting. Certainly some nice spots but I didn't get the instant vibe..

After checking out algester, it felt worlds different! The streets felt tidier, it was more 'leafy', felt like it had nicer shops in the area, more family oriented and schools seemed friendlier. We purchased a 4 bedder there & am very happy with the buy! I'd really suggest looking there. Future CG looks very promising, close to cbd & easy access motorways !

Gluck sir

There are good opportunities still within 7-8kms from CBD in Stafford and Stafford Heights post war homes on good blocks with lots of recent infrastructure to CBD and airport lifting values

Has anyone here looked into Edens Landing located in logan

Seems to be outside of floodzone due to elevation which is one of the boxes I wanted to tick given Brisbane's history of flooding

Yields seem ok and it has a train station

Anyone with local knowledge care to comment on the demographics or their opinions?

The rents are higher than logan central etc so I presume less socially disadvantaged in this suburb ?

And is close to some job creation hubs (beenleigh and also teys abbotior)

On the face of it has some promising aspects

Cheers

I am curious as to premiums for insurance for properties in Brisbane, Logan & surrounds. For Sydneysiders, is the insurance up in Brissie comparatively more expensive then Sydney?

Thanks.

Rochedale South could be worth a look, some good CG prospects and cash flow for some property types is pretty good.

Right and wrong. RS is a strange suburb. So close to everything, good schools. It attracts people who lack funds to buy in better suburbs though.

Had PPOR in RS that i desperately wanted to sell even at cost but value was lower than wat i bought it for.

when market picked up i sold as quick as i could and made 60k gain, vowing never to buy there again!

I have been looking for an IP in Sunnybank/ Sunnybank Hills and Runcorn in the past 2 months and ended up bought a 4 bedder house in Runcorn with subdivision potential.

Went to few opens and crowded with asian buyers, not surprise to see houses at good locations being snapped up pretty quickly after first open. Not sure about the rest of brisbane, but the market is pretty hot in these asian surburbs in the past 12 months. You won't lose if you buy anything close to bus/ shopping/ schools (which the asians love)

Has anyone here looked into Edens Landing located in logan

Seems to be outside of floodzone due to elevation which is one of the boxes I wanted to tick given Brisbane's history of flooding

Yields seem ok and it has a train station

Anyone with local knowledge care to comment on the demographics or their opinions?

The rents are higher than logan central etc so I presume less socially disadvantaged in this suburb ?

And is close to some job creation hubs (beenleigh and also teys abbotior)

On the face of it has some promising aspects

Cheers

I'm not a local, but I've bought for reasons similar to yourself (train station, perceived demographic differences, and proximity to hubs and infrastructure). I've not had any problems with the property since holding it, and had regular rent increases.

I would check floodmaps though, as I do recall some parts of the suburb being affected.

I am curious as to premiums for insurance for properties in Brisbane, Logan & surrounds. For Sydneysiders, is the insurance up in Brissie comparatively more expensive then Sydney?

Thanks.

Rates are more expensive I feel, but anecdotally insurance seems like it varies based on risks to a particular property suburb (e.g. flood risk, crime rates, etc). Logan is a diverse area - Mount Warren Park probably has a very different premium to EagleBy. Just as Kings Langely versus Lethbridge Park in NSW.

Thanks finrod

Came up for the weekend for some recon and am flying back to syd today

Was pleased with Edens Landing. All of the positive attributes I perceived are correct.

There are quite a few local land releases going on in neighboring suburbs so possibly a concern with oversupply. ... although depends on pop. Growth I guess

I checked flood maps and will be looking for houses that sit more towards the elevated portion of edens landing

Back