Which Brisbane Suburbs?

I've just bought in Chermside. Definitely a lot of development happening around the Westfields. A friend of mine recommended not to buy a unit there as there's an oversupply at the moment.

Good stuff - Chermsides been pretty hot these last 6 months from what I've been watching. I presume you bought a house?

Agree with your friends regarding oversupply - even if there isn't currently oversupply, there is definately potential for future oversupply.

What about Buranda to Bennetts Rd Coorparoo/ Camp Hill. Have a look at the thread on here. Highrises going in everywhere.

HI Guys,

I am looking to buy 2 IPs in Brisbane one unit and a house and plan on holding them for the long term.

From what I can tell it seems prices have risen a decent amount over the last 6-8 months. I don't know Brisbane that well and was wondering if anyone can suggest a decent suburb/s to begin my research that have not risen too much yet? Or locations you think may grow more over the next 5 years?

Ideally I would like a gross yield of around 5%(unit) and 4.5%(house) in a decent suburb within approx 15km of the city.

Thanks,

Mount Gravatt East, Holland Park!

I just bought a low set villa in Runcorn. Bit old , owner occupied very low body corporate and over 300 sq land area. Hope it will give some nice CG over long term. Cheers

Hey Guys,

Ive read a bit on here and been looking at propertys in Zillmere. It appears as though the suburb is on the rise (CG wise) and it's experiencing a renewal with new developments etc, the northern part is getting the FTTH NBN and it has links to public transport.

But living on the opposite side of the country and having never been to Zillmere or surrounding area is there anything I should watch out for and what are peoples thoughts on this suburb and the future of it and CG of it?

I was orignally looking at a house with a big block to develop however I think I have changed my mindset and will look at a 3x2 Townhouse in a small complex that way will be achieivng a decent rent and a low price as my budget is under 400.

If theres any other suburbs I should look at please share them :)

Cheers,

Hey Mate,

I live next to Zillmere and I agree that it is going through a significant development at the moment. I was also looking at buying a unit or townhouse in Zillmere but worried about oversupply of units there. There are lot of new units and townhouses coming up there.

Until very recently there was a significant price difference between Zillmere and surrounding suburbs but not so much now. I'm still trying to work out if it's worth buying in Zillmere based on it being the cheapest area in what is a desirable stretch of Brisbane to live or if it's caught up as much as it's going to.

Hey Mate,

I live next to Zillmere and I agree that it is going through a significant development at the moment. I was also looking at buying a unit or townhouse in Zillmere but worried about oversupply of units there. There are lot of new units and townhouses coming up there.

I agree with this 100%. I did orig look to buy there but when i looked around its still going to take alot of gentrification. Its quite run down, flat with no much scenery. I can see from google map it looked good, close to city, beach and air port but once you get there and have a look around i was quite disappointed. Heaps of investors looking to buy there. I can see a massive oversupply and high vacancy rates there in the future. So many investors will buy town houses and units

Hey Guys,

Ive read a bit on here and been looking at propertys in Zillmere. It appears as though the suburb is on the rise (CG wise) and it's experiencing a renewal with new developments etc, the northern part is getting the FTTH NBN and it has links to public transport.

But living on the opposite side of the country and having never been to Zillmere or surrounding area is there anything I should watch out for and what are peoples thoughts on this suburb and the future of it and CG of it?

I was orignally looking at a house with a big block to develop however I think I have changed my mindset and will look at a 3x2 Townhouse in a small complex that way will be achieivng a decent rent and a low price as my budget is under 400.

If theres any other suburbs I should look at please share them :)

Cheers,

Why don't you just buy a house there?

The three townhouses you were looking at used to be 1 house

A townhouse investment only makes sense to me in a fully built out area in a top location

What do people think of North Lakes? Anyone have IPs there? I was looking at a 10 year old 4 2 2 house on about 600m2 block, currently tenanted with approx. 5.2% yield.

Thanks guys, something I hadn't considered I guess with the amount of developers looking at the area. Have done a bit of street viewing on google lol, and didn't realise how much of an 'ugly' suburb Zillmere actually is. Guess it's one of those ones on paper that looks great but not so much in reality.

Hmmm back to the drawing board!!

Any recommendations for a suburb with decent houses under 400k that bring in at least a 5% yield?

Thanks guys, something I hadn't considered I guess with the amount of developers looking at the area. Have done a bit of street viewing on google lol, and didn't realise how much of an 'ugly' suburb Zillmere actually is. Guess it's one of those ones on paper that looks great but not so much in reality.

Hmmm back to the drawing board!!

Any recommendations for a suburb with decent houses under 400k that bring in at least a 5% yield?

Caboolture

Back