Which carpet for a rental?

I need about 80m2 (23 lineal metres) of carpet to be replaced in a house but not sure which type to use. PM recommended a taupe colour 50% wool and 50% synthetic but the carpet guy I spoke to said stains are hard to get out of wool. He recommended a 100% synthetic yarn, solution dyed nylon. He said "Encounter" is a synthetic berber which is popular.

I got sent these pics. Would you go for the square patterns or the berber style?
Is there anyone you'd recommend for supply/install of carpet for a property in Brunswick? I'm o'seas otherwise I'd go see what he has.

VlYEYqK.jpg

HuknWnW.jpg

I recently did my IP in the berber, in a similar colour to the darkest (top) swatch.
The square pattern-type is hugely popular in IPs - just have a look on re.com and see how many of the rentals have that pattern!
The square one feels softer, hence tricking you into thinking it's a higher grade of material (but it's not).
I chose the berber as I thought it might be easier to vacuum as it's flatter. Also, the white flecks in the berber help hide dirt.
I thought my carpet was made of nylon, but it turned out to be polyolefin. Nylon is supposed to be more durable.
Some LLs like lighter colours (swatches 2 and 5 of the square pattern, reading from left to right) as they make the property look brighter.
Some LLs like the darker colours, for obvious reasons.
If you look on re.com, you will see many rentals carpeted in both styles and colours so that may assist you in making your choice. - most landlords choose a beigey/browny or dark gray colour. The extremes of cream/white/black don't seem to be very popular.

In rental properties, I prefer darker colours (as you said, for obvious reasons). Luckily, darker colours are in at the moment. The top one with small squares are more modern than the berber, but for that reason will date. The berber is not so on-trend, and I think it's less likely to date. But they are both nice.

Good comments, I think i'll go for the berber in the 5th colour down. I'll see if they have it in polyolefin. The property doesn't get much natural light so a lighter colour is better.

I'd go for solution -dyed nylon if it's not alot more as it's supposed to be more durable and feels nicer. But poly olefin is fine for a rental, and cheaper.
Good luck with it.

Back