Which Internet Connection Deal

Looking at getting internet connection for home but there are too many out there.

My internet habits/requirements are:

- evening user everynight
- consume massive quotas (lets assume 4 movies a night at 800mb each)
- require fast bandwidth for realtime no lag online streaming of movies
- don't require any bundles like mobile phones, VOIP, landline, etc
- I want the cheapest deal available :D

Any recommendations. Would like any numbers to include total costs inc. instalation, line rental if required, contracts, etc so I could make an informed decision.

So far I have in mind TPG ADSL 2+ with 75GB download at $59.95 per month with $59.95 instalation fee but will need monthly line rental (not sure how much telstra charges to install and rentout as haven't found numbers on net yet - anybody know?).

I've got the TPG 50GB $49.95/mth, it works quite well for me. I've got the same think in the office, so between the two I've got access to 100GB/mth - more than adequate for my schemes to RULE THE WORLD.

Cheers PT. how much is the monthly rental of the phone line and is there any other hidden costs involved/I have missed.

Unfortunately line rental is whatever Telstra charges you.

There are 'naked' DSL options available - you still need the line but you don't have to activate it (hence avoiding line rental, but not instillation).

Take a look at Whirlpool to find a good broadband plan. Do a 'plan' search to narrow your choices.

I am using Internode on the Naked ADSL plans, the speed is fantastic.. I am getting around an 18mb sync, so its very very fast.. and can download movies within an hour at times.

They are more expensive than TPG, but very reliable and they do not need to use an existing phone line.

i use exetel, customer service is horrid i am onto my second house with them over 2 years.

They are dirt cheap tend to get decent speeds with massive quotas i think we pay $75 per month for naked about 30gig on 60gig off.

If its mission critical perhaps consider a USB Wirless for about $20 for 1 gig.

Telstra!

Only $130 a month for 10G uploads + downloads. Value to the max!

:) No this is value:

Optus:

$99/month Includes:

20GB Download.
Line Rental.
Home Phone: Unlimited Calls Local
Home Phone: Unlimited Calls National.

24mth Contract

Regards JO

:) No this is value:

Optus:

$99/month Includes:

20GB Download.
Line Rental.

24mth Contract

Regards JO

The Fusion 99 plan above also includes all calls to mobiles from the home phone.

I have the same plan and it is great, although CashflowPlus did not want a bundled package.

$99/month Includes:
20GB Download.
Line Rental.
Hrm, we pay about $75 for home phone + internet (30G) every month ... you reckon they'd throw in unlimited mobile and wireless with that too? Then I'd sign up, it'd save us $6 a month! :D

Spose it is good value if you make a lot of calls, we make almost none.

:)

Optus:

$99/month Includes:

20GB Download.
Line Rental.

24mth Contract

Regards JO

same here !
it's a good deal. Our contranct will need update soon and I'm looking for a new deal as well :D

Back