which is the cheapest State

Hi all
A question for those who hold property in different states. Has anyone done a cost comparison on which state is cheapest for set up and ongoing holding costs. For example, taking into account land tax, varying deductibles.
I know that there are a lot of variables to take into consideration.
feedback appreciated.
Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Simon,
This does not answer your question, but as a matter of interest, check out this link. I guess the Australian Bureau of Statistics 2002 Year Book will have the answer you are looking for.

Danny D.

http://www.yourmortgage.com.au/news/index.cfm?i=2586

Here's a copy and paste of what was said.

Home Loan Alert
ACT the capital of housing costs

The ACT has the most expensive housing in the country on average, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics 2002 Year Book.

Average weekly housing costs for both tenants and property owners in the ACT for 1999-2000 was $161 - $28 more than the national average and $6 more than Sydney’s average.

The nation’s capital also has the highest salaries in the country, with residents earning $1160 on average per week - $113 more than the national average.

The higher wage levels mean that Canberrans, together with Sydney-siders, spend 14 per cent of all income paying for their homes - the largest percentage in Australia

Reply: 1.1

Hi Danny
Thanks for the info. It all helps in the big picture.
Regards
Simon

Back